For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
City of La Mirada hotel tax, Measure A (March 2009)
March 3, 2009 ballot for voters in the City of La Mirada in Los Angeles County, where it was approved.
Measure A increased the hotel tax paid in the City of La Mirada from seven percent:
- To nine percent (9%) effective January 1, 2010.
- To ten percent (10%) effective January 1, 2013.
The tax is payable to the hotel/ motel operator at the time the rent is paid by the hotel/ motel guest.
- These final election results are from the Los Angeles County election office.
The question on the ballot:
|Measure A: "Shall the Transient Occupancy Tax levied upon hotel/motel stays and certain other temporary lodging in the City of La Mirada be adjusted from 7 percent to 9 percent effective January 1, 2010, and to 10 percent effective January 1, 2013?"|
|¿Debe el Impuesto a la Ocupación Transitoria gravado sobre las estadías en hoteles/moteles y determinados albergues temporales en la Ciudad de La Mirada ser ajustado del 7 por ciento al 9 por ciento con vigencia a partir del 1 de enero de 2010 y al 10 por ciento con vigencia a partir de 1 de enero de 2013?|
|시에서의 호텔/모텔 숙박과 특정한 기타 임시 숙박에 부과되는 여행자 숙박세를 2010년 1월 1일부터 7 퍼센트에서 9 퍼센트로, 그리고 2013년 1 월 1일부터는 10 퍼센트로 조정해야 하는가?|
- Los Angeles Times, "Returns across L.A. County show voters were in a revenue-raising mood," March 4, 2009
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.