City of La Mirada hotel tax, Measure A (March 2009)
March 3, 2009 ballot for voters in the City of La Mirada in Los Angeles County, where it was approved.
Measure A increased the hotel tax paid in the City of La Mirada from seven percent:
- To nine percent (9%) effective January 1, 2010.
- To ten percent (10%) effective January 1, 2013.
The tax is payable to the hotel/ motel operator at the time the rent is paid by the hotel/ motel guest.
- These final election results are from the Los Angeles County election office.
The question on the ballot:
|Measure A: "Shall the Transient Occupancy Tax levied upon hotel/motel stays and certain other temporary lodging in the City of La Mirada be adjusted from 7 percent to 9 percent effective January 1, 2010, and to 10 percent effective January 1, 2013?"|
|¿Debe el Impuesto a la Ocupación Transitoria gravado sobre las estadías en hoteles/moteles y determinados albergues temporales en la Ciudad de La Mirada ser ajustado del 7 por ciento al 9 por ciento con vigencia a partir del 1 de enero de 2010 y al 10 por ciento con vigencia a partir de 1 de enero de 2013?|
|시에서의 호텔/모텔 숙박과 특정한 기타 임시 숙박에 부과되는 여행자 숙박세를 2010년 1월 1일부터 7 퍼센트에서 9 퍼센트로, 그리고 2013년 1 월 1일부터는 10 퍼센트로 조정해야 하는가?|
- Los Angeles Times, "Returns across L.A. County show voters were in a revenue-raising mood," March 4, 2009
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.