City of Modesto Utility Users Tax, Measure N (November 2011)
Modesto has a utility users fee in effect. It has been in effect since 1970. The rate on it is 6% and it applies to electricity, natural gas, water and telephone services.
The approval of Measure N means the rate will decrease to 5.8%, but it will be applied to additional utility services, including cellular phone and other communication services such as voice-over-Internet phone services, broadband cable, paging and private services such as T-1 lines.
Other Modesto ballot measures
Modesto voters had a raft of ballot measures to consider in the November 8 election. They were:
- Measure P, Modesto Extension of Sewer Service to the Rouse-Colorado Neighborhood (Advisory Vote)
- Measure Q, Modesto Transition Defined Benefit to Defined Contribution Retirement Plan (Advisory Vote)
- Measure R, Modesto Baseline Calculations for City Employee Retirement Benefits (Advisory Vote)
- Measure S, Modesto Increase in Age of Retirement Eligibility for City Employees (Advisory Vote)
- Official Voter Guide for the Stanislaus County November 8, 2011 local ballot measures
- List of Stanislaus County November 8, 2011 local ballot measures