City of Oakland Parcel Tax for Police, Measure NN (November 2008)
If Measure NN had been approved, it would have given the city the authority to levy a parcel tax to fund the cost of adding 105 police officers and 75 administrative personnel in the police department.
A 2/3rds supermajority vote was required for approval.
- These final election results are from the Alameda County elections office.
The question on the ballot:
|Measure NN: "To provide more police services to neighborhoods and businesses for the purpose of preventing crime and enhancing resources for investigation of crimes, shall the City of Oakland authorize a parcel tax to fund the cost of (1) adding a total of 105 police officers and 75 police services technicians; (2) a crime data management system for crime analysis; and (3) mandatory independent annual audits and evaluations with performance standards?"|
- Measure NN on Smart Voter
- Argument in favor of Measure NN
- Argument against Measure NN
- Cal-Tax report on the November school bond elections
- California City Finance report on November ballot measures
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found