City of Parlier parcel tax, Measure S (November 2008)
If Measure S had been approved, it would have authorized the city to impose an indefinite parcel tax. The tax would have been:
- $300 per year for residential parcels.
- $480 per year for commercial parcels.
- $1,200 per year for industrial parcels and other amounts for government-owned and other parcels.
A 2/3rds supermajority vote was required for approval.
- These final, certified, election results are from the Fresno County elections office.
The question on the ballot:
|Measure S: "To hire additional sworn officers including related training, equipment, vehicles, and for facilities expansion for the Parlier Police Department, and to raise additional funds to place paid Firefighters, and to expand the Parlier Fire Station, shall the City of Parlier be authorized to levy a parcel tax set forth in Council Resolution 2008-57 only for this purpose; subject to an annual audit."|
- Measure S on Smart Voter
- Cal-Tax report on the November school bond elections
- California City Finance report on November ballot measures
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found