City of Rocklin Parcel Tax, Measure A (August 2009)
Measure A authorized a special tax in the City of Rocklin for park maintenance. Measure A continued a tax that had been in effect since 1998 under which the city collects a special tax of between $10-$30/year. Measure A will be in effect for ten years. It is set to expire in June 2019.
The tax rate is:
- $30/year for single-family homes
- $20/year for apartments/condos
- $10/year for mobile homes.
Rocklin had a population of about 50,000 residents at the time of the vote on Measure A.
A 2/3rds supermajority vote was required for approval.
- These final, certified, election results are from the Placer County elections office.
The question on the ballot:
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
|MEASURE A: "To keep park and recreation facilities safe, clean and well maintained, shall Rocklin City Ordinance No. 949, reenacting the Park Maintenance and Development Act of 1998, be approved which would allow the City to continue to collect a $10.00 to $30.00 per year special tax to be used only for park maintenance and development?"|
- Resolution authorizing Measure A
- Analysis by city attorney
- Arguments in favor of Measure A
- Arguments against Measure A
- "Yes on A" website