City of San Leandro Parcel Tax for Police, Measure TT (November 2008)
Measure TT asked for a parcel tax to fund the cost of adding 94 police officers. The tax levy would have been:
- $48 per year for single-family homes.
- $24 per year for multi-family/mobile home units.
- $12 per year for thousand square feet for commercial/industrial properties.
- $10 per year for non-profit/places of worship.
- $3 per year per thousand square feet of unimproved land.
The tax would have ended in four years.
A 2/3rds supermajority vote was required for approval.
- These final election results are from the Alameda County elections office.
The question on the ballot:
|Measure TT: "Shall the current level of police protections services be maintained at a minimum of 94 sworn police officers by adoption of a parcel tax in an annual amount of $48 for single-family residences, $24 per multi-family/mobile home unit, $12 per thousand square feet for Commercial/Industrial, $10 per thousand square feet for Non- Profit/Places of Worship and $3 per thousand square feet for Unimproved Land, to end after four years?"|
- Measure TT on Smart Voter
- Cal-Tax report on the November school bond elections
- California City Finance report on November ballot measures
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found