Civil Law and Procedure Committee, Louisiana House of Representatives
Per the House Rules, committees of the Louisiana House of Representatives are assigned by the Speaker of the House. It is unclear when committees are assigned. A majority of appointed members make up a committee's quorum. The Speaker and Speaker Pro Tempore serve as "ex officio" members of every committee.
See rules: House Rules
|“||To this committee shall be referred, in accordance with the rules, all legislative instruments, messages, petitions, memorials and other matters relating to the following subjects:
2015 legislative session
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2015 legislative session.
|Civil Law and Procedure Members, 2015|
|Democratic members (7)||Republican members (8)|
|• Neil Abramson, Chair||• Nancy Landry, Vice Chair|
|• Patrick Jefferson||• Gregory Miller|
|• Randal Gaines||• Clay Schexnayder|
|• Alfred Williams||• Raymond Garofalo|
|• Joseph Bouie||• Mike Johnson|
|• John Bel Edwards||• Mike "Pete" Huval|
|• Walt Leger, III, ex officio||• Cameron Henry|
|• Chuck Kleckley, ex officio|
- Louisiana State Legislature, "House Rules," accessed January 23, 2014(Rule 6.3(A))
- Louisiana State Legislature, "House Rules," accessed January 23, 2014(Rule 14.36)
- Louisiana State Legislature, "House Rules," accessed January 23, 2014(Rule 6.3(C))
- Louisiana State Legislature, "House Rules," accessed January 23, 2014(Rule 6.6(D))
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.