Clackamas County, Oregon
See also: Evaluation of Oregon county websites
This site was evaluated on Aug. 27, 2012.
- Budgets are posted.
- Elected Officials
- Contact information is available for elected officials.
- Administrative Officials
- Had county officials' contact information online.
- Building Permits and Zoning
- Has tax information online.
- Audits are posted.
- Information on bids and purchasing is online.
- Does not have meeting information online.
- No information regarding lobbying.
- Public Records
- Public records information is not posted.
|Justice Court Department||$3,832,817|
|District Attorney's Department||$10,704,910|
|Board of County Commissioners||$1,301,914|
|Emergency Management Department||$2,898,882|
|Emergency Communications Department||$2,898,882|
|Technology Services Department||$17,162,607|
|Business and Community Services Department||$20,481,799|
|Resolution Services Program||$1,096,018|
|Health Housing and Human Services||$116,776,983|
|Tourism and Cultural Affairs Department||$2,899,290|
|Public and Government Relations Department||$3,303,016|
|Employee Services Department||$12,173,477|
|Nondepartmental General Fund||$92,594,554|
|Transportation and Development Fund||$52,945,847|
|Miscellaneous and Pass Through Items||$29,341,434|
In total, Clackamas County received stimulus funding for more than 200 projects amounting to $291,878,524, according to a ProPublica project.
Estacada School District received $450,000 for the installation of a biomass boiler to heat Estacada High School, completed September 2011.] On July 16, 2009, it was announced that Clackamas County was awarded a $4 million Clean Water State Revolving Fund loan "to construct a sanitary sewer collection system for the North Clackamas Revitalization Area Project. The loan comprises $2 million in principle forgiveness and $2.1 million in savings on interest.
The Board of Commissioners "set policies, enact ordinances and establish budgets to perform the services that state law and citizens of the County require." The weekly schedule of Board meetings is available online.
|John Foote||District Attorney|
|Charlotte Lehan||Chair Commissioner|
|Nancy||Newton||Deputy County Administrators|
|Laurel||Butman||Deputy County Administrators|
|Dan||Chandler||Strategic Policy Administrator|
See also: Oregon state government salary
Clackamas county employs about 1,890 people. The county does not have a database to browse the salaries of county workers.
See also: Oregon public pensions
Oregon has one public pension fund, the Public Employees Retirement System. According to the PERS website, "you are vested in the OPSRP Pension Program on the earliest date in which you complete at least 600 hours of service in each of five calendar years (the years do not have to be consecutive). If you are an active member any time on or after reaching normal retirement age, you become a vested member regardless of years of service. Once you are vested in the OPSRP Pension Program, you cannot lose your benefit rights unless you withdraw from the program."
The state has funded PERS 86 percent, with $5.8 billion in unfunded liabilities.
An April 28 article in The Oregonian estimates about 10 percent of pensioners double dip.
The Clackamas County Department of Communications centralizes emergency response and dispatch services for the county fire districts, local police departments, and sheriff's department.
See also: Oregon government sector lobbying
|Year||Amount Spent on Lobbying|
Transparency & public records
The county clerk's office "must make public records available to the general public," and is the county contact for records.
A light rail project connecting Portland and Milwaukie brought a conflict of interest complaint against Commissioner Jim Bernard; Bernard would have to relocate his business to make room for the planned light rail route.
Clackamas County offers online tax payment and property tax information online.
Ballotpedia has an article on ballot measures in Clackamas County.
- Population statistics
- Founding and etymology (dead link)
- Budget information
- County Officials
- County Officials
- Zoning Information (dead link)
- Building Permits (dead link)
- Tax Information
- Audit information
- Purchasing Information
- Budget information (dead link)
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports
- Current budget (dead link)
- ProPublica Recovery Tracker
- Estacada School District Stimulus
- Clean Water State Revolving Fund $4 million loan (timed out)
- About the Board of Commissioners
- Board Weekly Schedule
- Oregon Live, Results: Public employee salary database, January 13, 2009
- Number of county employees
- PERS general information
- About one in 10 pensioners are rehired, draw a second public paycheck
- Emergency Services
- OpenSecrets.org, Clackamas County, OR
- Public Records Requests
- Clackamas County commissioners can't decide whether to hire outside legal counsel to defend Commissioner Jim Bernard against ethics complaint
- Ethics complaint accuses Clackamas County Commissioner Jim Bernard of conflict of interest on Portland-Milwaukie light rail
- Tax Information