|Clair Van Steenwyk|
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 13|
|Birthday||October 1, 1946|
|Place of birth||Orange City, IA|
Clair Van Steenwyk
|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
, also known as Van
, was a 2012 Republican
write-in candidate for Arizona House of Representatives
District 13. He was a 2012 Republican
candidate who sought election to the U.S. Senate
Van Steenwyk's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "We must revise our tax system to not punish those who achieve success and reward those who don’t, at the expense of all of us. We must also put the federal, and hopefully all state government on a Zero-Based Budget rather than the Baseline Budget System now being used, which just increases the budget automatically each and every year rather than going back"
- Excerpt: "It’s time for us to have a real Energy Plan for theUnited States of America. There’s more money made by big oil from importing and not drilling than if we’d allow drilling and encourage small businesses to do the work that big oil doesn’t seem to want to do."
- Excerpt: "Our Financial Security is at the brink of disaster. Our elected officials for generations have put us all on a path to destruction. We have a responsibility as Americans to put an end to this type of fiscal irresponsibility."
- Excerpt: "First, ABOLISH ObamaCare. As proven by the form of health care in Europe andCanada, government-run health care JUST DOESN’T WORK. Many Canadians come here for care, as they can’t afford to wait while their condition worsens."
- See also: Arizona House of Representatives elections, 2012
Van Steenwyk (listed as Clair "Van") ran in the 2012 election for Arizona House of Representatives District 13 as a write-in candidate. Incumbent Steve Montenegro and Darin Mitchell defeated incumbent Russ Jones in the August 28, 2012, Republican primary. She was defeated in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 13, General Election, 2012
||Steve Montenegro Incumbent
|| Robert Garcia (Write-in)
|| John Minore (Write-in)
|| Cheryl Brown (Write-in)
|| Clair Van Steenwyk (Write-in)
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 13 Republican Primary, 2012
Steve Montenegro Incumbent
| Russ Jones Incumbent
- See also: United States Senate elections in Arizona, 2012
Van Steenwyk ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. Senate, representing Arizona. He was defeated by Jeff Flake in the August 28, 2012, Republican primary.
Candidates for Congress were required to file up to seven main reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2012 elections season. Below are Van Steenwyk's reports.
|Clair Van Steenwyk Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||May 7, 2012||$109.22||$7,499.77||$(7,875.44)||$458.05|
|July Quarterly||July 6, 2012||$458.05||$9,475.77||$(8,271.42)||$1,652.40|
Van Steenwyk and his wife, Jean, have one child.