Claudette J. Konola
|Claudette J. Konola|
|Former candidate for|
|Colorado State Senate, District 7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Konola's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Education is the key to economic opportunity. Claudette will promote the legacy of education for all Colorado children and push for increasing the quality of our public schools. Innovative financial solutions will be required in light of the recession's cost to the state budget, and Claudette has the professional background in financing and budgeting to provide common sense leadership in working through the huge problems that will need to be resolved. In addition, Claudette will fight to keep our community colleges, four-year colleges and universities vital and affordable."
- Excerpt: "Protecting our region's water from the thirst of Colorado's Front Range and downstream cities such as Los Angeles requires vigilance and staunch opposition to any more diversions of water from the Western Slope's rivers and streams. Claudette will use common sense leadership and her ability to work on difficult issues, with those of opposing views, to assure the Western Slope that actions are taken to protect the supply and the quality of our Western Slope water. "
- Excerpt: "Claudette will represent families. Family issues are pocket book issues."
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Colorado State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 31, 2014. Claudette J. Konola was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Ray Scott was unopposed in the Republican primary. Scott defeated Konola in the general election.
|Colorado State Senate, District 7, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Claudette J. Konola||29.4%||16,506|
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2010
|Colorado State Senate, District 7 General election (2010)|
|Steve King (R)||37,533|
|Claudette J. Konola (D)||15,980|
|Gilbert R. Fuller (L)||2,190|
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Claudette Konola on Facebook
- Claudette Konola on Twitter
- konolaforcolorado.com, "Official campaign website," accessed September 29, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed May 1, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 25, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed December 5, 2014
- “Colorado Secretary of State”, “General Election Results”, accessed October 25, 2013
- “Colorado Secretary of State”, “Primary Election Results”, accessed October 25, 2013