Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia Senate District 22|
|Profession||Senior Director of State Government Affairs, Medco Health Solutions|
Tucker gradudated from VCU. She then established a beef cattle farm. She was then employed by Phillip Morris and is currently the Senior Director of State Government Affairs for Medco Health Solutions.
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
|Virginia State Senate Republican Primary, 2011|
Tucker's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Cutting Government Spending, Keeping Taxes Low
- Excerpt: "Claudia will vote to control spending, keep taxes low, and against any new or increased taxes on the hard-working people of Virginia."
- Protecting Agriculture and Rural Virginia
- Excerpt: "She opposes eminent domain seizures of private property, supports the Virginia Cooperative Extension program, and will be a needed and strong voice for farmers in Richmond."
- Creating and Retaining Jobs
- Excerpt: "Claudia knows that in order to create jobs we must get government out of the way – people and private Investment create jobs, not the government. She will work to reduce government regulations that stifle job creation..."
- Improving Education, Preparing for Jobs of Tomorrow
- Excerpt: "Republican Claudia Tucker knows that we must fight to improve education so that our children are prepared for the jobs of the future."
- Preserving Our Shared Conservative Values
- Excerpt: "Claudia personally believes in protecting the sanctity of every human life. She believes marriage should be between one man and one woman and that we should always stand up to protect our liberty and our Second Amendment rights."
Tucker and her husband Bill have three daughters.