Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 18|
|2002 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|Place of birth||Front Royal, VA|
Prior to his election to the House, Athey served as Mayor of Front Royal from 2000-2002 and on the Front Royal Town Council from 1996-2000.
- Courts of Justice (Vice Chair)
- Civil Law Subcommittee (Chair)
- Judicial Systems Subcommittee
- Constitutional Law Subcommittee
- Health, Welfare and Institutions
- Subcommittee #2
- Militia, Police and Public Safety
- Subcommittee #2
- Students and Day Care Subcommittee (Chair)
- Teachers and Administrative Action Subcommittee
- HB 1777 Common interest communities; eliminates assessment against and limit enforcement authority of Board.
- HB 1779 Retail Sales and Use Tax; exemption of sales by nonprofit entities.
- HB 2327 Community College Scholarship Match Program; created.
Athey did not seek re-election in 2011. His residency was changed from district 18 to district 29 after the 2011 redistricting process.
In 2009, Athey was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He defeated Todd Jack in the General Election.
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 18 (2009)|
|Clay Athey (R)||16,071|
|Todd Jack (Constitution)||3,324|
Delegate Athey on 2008 Transportation session
The top 5 donors to Athey's 2009 campaign:
|Allen Allen Allen & Allen||$5,000|
|Medical Society of Virginia||$5,000|
|Virginia Automoblie & Truck Dealers Assoc||$4,000|
|Virginia Trial Lawyers Association||$4,000|
|Virginia Dental Association||$2,750|
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 18
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |