Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Idaho House of Representatives District 13B|
|Master's||Educational Leadership, University of Reno|
|Place of birth||Reno, NV|
|Profession||Teacher; history, economics, and government|
Trehal's campaign website listed the following issues:
- 21st Century Economy
- Excerpt: "The creation of good-paying, middle-class jobs is our best shot at restoring our economy. Making our state a haven for low-paying industries hinders the development of a healthy and robust economy."
- Excellent Communities
- Excerpt: "I support a tax plan that benefits small businesses and families rather than special interests. ...I believe that local districts should have maximum control of school policy, and I oppose an aggressive state department of education."
- Responsible Government
- Excerpt: "Our state government does a good job staying within its budget and I would support policies and plans that continue this. I believe the primary purpose of government is to create the infrastructure needed for society to function and to act as a fair referee between all the various elements of society."
Trehal ran in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 13A. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on May 15 and was defeated by incumbent Brent J. Crane (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 13A, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Brent Crane Incumbent||67.4%||10,706|
Trehal has a wife, Kimberly, and two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Clayton + Trehal + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Clayton Trehal, "Platform," accessed October 12, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "2012 primary election results," accessed May 15, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, “November 6, 2012 General Election Results,” accessed December 27, 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Clayton Trehal," accessed October 12, 2012