|Clark "Click" Bishop|
|Alaska State Senate District C|
|January 28, 2013 - present|
|January 23, 2017|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Alaska Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development|
|January 2007 - 2012|
|High school||Lathrop High School|
Bishop previously served as Alaska Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development. Bishop was appointed to that position in January 2007 by Governor Sarah Palin and kept on by Sean Parnell. He was succeeded in 2010 by David G. Stone.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bishop served on the following committees:
|Alaska Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Community & Regional Affairs|
|• Senate In-State Energy, Co-chair|
|• Legislative Budget and Audit|
- See also: Alaska State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Alaska State Senate will consist of a primary election on August 19, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Dorothy J. Shockley is unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Click Bishop is unopposed in the Republican primary. Mike Miller (R) withdrew before the primary.
- See also: Alaska State Senate elections, 2012
Bishop ran in the 2012 election for Alaska State Senate District 3 (C). He defeated Ralph Seekins and David Eastman in the August 28, 2012 Republican primary and defeated Anne Sudkamp (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Alaska State Senate, District 3 (C), General Election, 2012|
|Alaska State Senate, District 3 (C) Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Bishop is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Bishop raised a total of $119,431 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 1, 2013.
|Click Bishop's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Alaska State Senate, District C||$119,431|
|Grand Total Raised||$119,431|
2012Bishop won election to the Alaska State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Bishop raised a total of $119,431.
|Alaska State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Click Bishop's campaign in 2012|
|Associated General Contractors of Alaska||$2,000|
|Electrical Workers Local 1547||$2,000|
|Laborers Local 942||$1,000|
|Alaska Laborers Local 341||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$119,431|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the 28th Alaska State Legislature was in session from January 21 to April 20.
- The Alaska Business Report Card - 2014 Legislative Report Card
- Prosperity Alaska Report Card - 2014 Legislative Report Card
- The Alaska Business Report Card - 2012 Legislative Report Card
Bishop has a wife, Darlene.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Click + Bishop + Alaska + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this candidate due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alaska State Legislature
- Alaska State Senate
- Alaska Senate Committees
- Alaska State Senate District C
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- YouTube channel
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 4, 2014
- Alaska Dispatch, "Mike Miller drops primary challenge to Click Bishop in Fairbanks Senate race," June 24, 2014
- Alaska Division of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed March 12, 2014
- Alaska Division of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed March 12, 2014
- Alaska Election Division, "Official 2012 General election results," accessed November 16, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Bishop, Click," accessed August 1, 2013
- StateScape, Session schedules, accessed April 30, 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography, accessed March 12, 2014
|Alaska State Senate District C
| Succeeded by|