|Virginia House of Delegates, District 18|
Harris graduated from Dartmouth College with a degree in Government. He works for an aerospace company in Manassas, VA.
Harris's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Create 21st Century Jobs Here
Excerpt: "Colin will fight to give Virginia companies the first crack at state contracts, so our tax dollars create jobs here — not overseas."
- Protect Our Quality Of Life
Excerpt: "Colin will demand local control of zoning, so that development is controlled by our communities — not bureaucrats in Richmond."
- Prepare Our Students To Compete For Jobs
Excerpt: "Colin will work to create new partnerships between businesses and schools — so our students gain the skills to compete for the jobs of the future."
- Keep Government Out Of Our Private Lives
Excerpt: "Colin will defend our 2nd Amendment rights and he’ll make sure private decisions, like whether to use birth control, remain private."
Harris ran in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 18. Harris ran unopposed in the June 11th Democratic primary. He was defeated by incumbent Michael Webert (R) in the general election on November 5, 2013.
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 18 General Election, 2013|
|Republican||Michael Webert Incumbent||63.3%||15,549|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Colin + Harris + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Colin Harris for Delegate on Facebook
- Rappahannock County Democratic Committee profile
- Project Vote Smart profile
- The Daily Progress, "Following the money in the District 18 delegates race," August 26, 2013
- Virginia State Board of Elections, "2013 Official Candidates List for House of Delegates by District," accessed July 11, 2013
- Harris for Delegate, "Meet Colin," accessed August 28, 2013
- Harris for Delegate, "Issues," accessed August 28, 2013
- Virginia Board of Elections, “Official Results - 2013 General Election," accessed December 2, 2013
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |