Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division|
|Alternative court:||Bronx County Supreme Court|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Andrew Cuomo|
|Active:||2014 - 2027|
|Past post:||Justice, Supreme Court, 9th Judicial District|
|Past post 2:||Bronx County Supreme Court, Family Court|
|Past term 2:||2003-2010|
|Undergraduate:||New Rochelle School of Arts & Sciences, 1981|
|Law School:||New York University, 1989|
|Grad. School:||Boston College, 1983|
Colleen Duffy is a justice for the Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Second Department of New York. She was appointed to this position in 2014 by Governor Andrew Cuomo. Her current term expires on December 31, 2027.
In 1981, Duffy earned her undergraduate degree from the New Rochelle School of Arts & Sciences, an M.A. from Boston College in international relations and public affairs in 1983 and a J.D. from New York University in 1989.
- 2014-2027: Justice, Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Second Department
- 2010-2014: Justice, Supreme Court, 9th Judicial District
- 2003-2010: Judge, Westchester County Family Court
- 1998-2005: Judge, Mount Vernon City Court
- 1996-1998: City councilwoman, City of Mount Vernon
- 1985-1998: Assistant general counsel, Unilever
Awards and associations
- 1989: Member, Order of Barristers
In an eight-way race, Duffy was one of the four judges elected.
- See also: New York judicial elections, 2010