College of the Sequoias bond proposition, Measure J (November 2008)
Measure J authorized a $60 million School Facilities Improvement District (SFID) bond to build a permanent college center in Tulare.
A 55 percent supermajority vote was required for approval.
The question on the ballot:
|Measure J: "To build a permanent Tulare College Center, including buildings for welding/ farming equipment repair classes/ vocational education, qualify for $98 million in State building grants, construct classrooms, library, computer labs, an agricultural education complex, livestock pavilion, including farm animal buildings and labs, upgrade/construct/equip/acquire classrooms, facilities/ sites; shall College of the Sequoias Tulare Area Improvement District No. 3 of the College of the Sequoias Community College District issue $60 million in bonds, at legal rates, with citizen oversight, mandatory audits, and all funds staying in the Tulare area for college facilities?"|
- College of the Sequoias Community College District, Measure I (November 2008)
- California 2008 local ballot measures
- School bond elections in California
- California school bond elections, November 2008, ranked by amount requested
- CalTax report on November 2008 school bond questions
- Measure J Citizen's Oversight Committee application
- Draft of Master Plan
- Text of Measure J
- "Thank you, voters, for passing Measures I and J"
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found