Colorado 2006 ballot measures
- Six of the measures were initiated constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was an initiated state statute.
- Three of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Four of the measures were legislatively-referred state statutes.
- Seven passed, while seven were defeated.
On the ballot
|Initiative 38||Direct Democracy||Expands ability of citizens to propose laws||
|Initiative 39||Education||Requires each school district to spend at least 65 percent of operating budget in classroom||
|Initiative 40||Term limits||Limits number of terms for Supreme and Appeals Court justices||
|Initiative 41||Admin of gov't||Prohibits elected officials or their immediate family members from accepting gifts||
|Initiative 42||Min Wage||Increases the minimum wage||
|Initiative 43||Marriage||Defines a valid marriage as being only between man and woman||
|CISS||Initiative 44||Marijuana||Legalizes possession of less than one ounce of marijuana||
|Referendum E||Veterans||Reduces property taxes for disabled veterans||
|Referendum F||Recalls||Removes deadlines for protesting petitions to recall officials||
|Referendum G||Constitutions||Removes provisions, dates, and references to obsolete laws from three articles||
|LRSS||Referendum H||Taxes||Removes income tax credit for businesses knowingly employing unauthorized aliens||
|LRSS||Referendum I||Marriage||Creates same-sex domestic partnerships and maintains one man-one woman definition of marriage||
|LRSS||Referendum J||Education||Requires school districst to spend at least 65 percent of operating budget on services that directly affect student achievement||
|LRSS||Referendum K||Immigration||Require the state of Colorado to sue the federal government||
- 2006 ballot measures
- List of Colorado ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Colorado
- Colorado State Legislative Council, Ballot History
- Colorado Blue Book on the November 7, 2006 ballot measures
- November 7, 2006 ballot measure election results in Colorado
State of Colorado
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources | Executive Director of Labor and Employment | Chair of Public Utilities |