Colorado Department Heads Exempt from Civil Service, Measure 1 (1970)
The Colorado Department Heads Exempt from Civil Service Amendment, also known as Measure 1, was on the November 3, 1970 ballot in Colorado as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure exempted department heads from classified civil service.
|Colorado Measure 1 (1970)|
Election Results via: The Colorado Legislative Council
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
|“||An amendment to section 22 of article IV of the constitution of the State of Colorado, exempting the heads of principal departments established pursuant thereto from the classified civil service of the state.||”|
- Colorado 1970 ballot measures
- 1970 ballot measures
- List of Colorado ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Colorado
- Colorado General Assembly, "Ballot Issue History," accessed January 14, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Colorado
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources | Executive Director of Labor and Employment | Chair of Public Utilities |