Colorado Religious Freedom Amendment (2010)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
If approved, Article II of the Colorado Constitution would have been amended by the addition of a new section:
Section 32. Religious Liberty.
(1) Government may not burden a person's or religious organization's religious liberty.
Path to the ballot
- See also: Colorado signature requirements
In order to qualify the proposed measure for the 2010 ballot a minimum of 76,047 valid signatures were required. The signature filing deadline for the 2010 ballot in Colorado for initiated constitutional amendments was August 2, 2010. However, as of petition deadline day no signatures were filed.
- Colorado Legislature, "Text of measure," accessed March 19, 2010
- The Denver Post, "Coalition pushes amendment to Colorado's constitution protecting religious freedom," March 19, 2010
- Prior to the enactment of Colorado House Bill 1326 (2009), the signature deadline for initiated statutes and initiated amendments was the same--3 months before the election.
State of Colorado
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources | Executive Director of Labor and Employment | Chair of Public Utilities |