|South Dakota State Senate District 23|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||4|
|Assistant Majority Leader, South Dakota State Senate|
|Base salary||$12,000/two-year term|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||Four terms|
|Bachelor's||University of Notre Dame, 1997|
|Master's||University of San Diego, 2005|
|Service/branch||United States Navy|
|Years of service||1997-2007|
|Profession||Executive Director, Gettysburg-Whitlock Bay Development Corporation|
Brown joined the South Dakota State Senate in 2009. He has served in that position since, representing the 23rd district.
Brown works in Economic and Community Development.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Brown served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Government Operations and Audit|
|• Legislative Procedure, Chair|
|• State Affairs|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Brown served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Appropriations, Chair|
|• Joint Appropriations|
|• Legislative Procedure|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Brown served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Retirement Laws|
Brown ran for re-election to the 23rd District Seat in 2010. He is running unopposed for the seat. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|South Dakota State Senate, District 23 (2010)|
|Corey Brown (R)||6,455||100.00%|
Brown raised $28,722 for his campaign while Nemac raised $20,385. 
|South Dakota State Senate, District 23 (2008)|
|Corey Brown (R)||5,988||64.06%|
|Nicholas Nemec (D)||3,360||35.94%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Brown received $7,943 in campaign donations. The largest contributors are listed below.
|South Dakota State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Corey Brown's campaign in 2010|
|Florida Power & Light||$750|
|South Dakota Retailers Association||$500|
|South Dakota Association Of Healthcare Organizations||$500|
|South Dakota Association Of Specialty Care Providers||$250|
|Total Raised in 2010||$7,943|
Brown raised $28,722 during the 2008 election cycle.
His top contributors are listed below.
|South Dakota Association of Healthcare Organizations||$2,000|
|Jim and Judy Brown||$2,000|
|Kevin and Carmen Schieffer||$1,000|
|Joseph and Kathy Ryan||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Corey + Brown + South + Dakota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Anti-Shariah Movement Gains Success - Huffington Post - Huffington Post
- Tax refunds for business projects to be decided in public meetings - AberdeenNews.com
- Special studies to be conducted - AberdeenNews.com
- Legislature hires outside consultants to review staff - The Capital Journal
- Rule change proposal would affect golf carts in South Dakota parks, recreation ... - AberdeenNews.com
- Partisan shift possible for professional staffers - AberdeenNews.com
- Phone company under scrutiny for campaign contributions - Rapid City Journal - Rapid City Journal
- Max Baucus Senate Exit May Prompt Free-For-All In 2014 - Huffington Post - Huffington Post
- Board votes to pay lawmakers' dues to conservative organization - Rapid City Journal
- Where did the $2000 go? ? Updated - Rapid City Journal (blog)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Profile from the South Dakota Legislature
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008
- Corey Brown on LinkedIn
|South Dakota Senate District 23
| Succeeded by|