was an Independent candidate
for District 35 in the Florida State Senate
in the November 2, 2010, state legislative elections
- See also: Florida State Senate elections, 2010
Poitier lost to Gwen Margolis (D) in the November 2 general election.
| Florida State Senate, District 35 |
2010 General election results
| Gwen Margolis (D)
| Corey Poitier (NPA)
On his campaign website, Poitier lists nine issues he is concerned about. They are:
- Excerpt: "I am a firm believer in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. I am a strong proponent of the 1st Amendment, 2nd Amendment and 10th Amendment."
- Excerpt: "I believe in the support and defense of Israel. Israel has been our ally and a great example of democracy in the Middle East."
- Excerpt: "Social programs should be only for American citizens and legal immigrants. Without freebies, then you will have less illegal traffic."
- Bailouts and Stimulus Packages
- Excerpt: "I do not agree with bailouts and stimulus packages. Bailouts are government power grabs into the private sector and a slide toward socialism. Stimulus packages that are full of liberal pet projects I am not in favor of."
- Excerpt: "I believe in lowering taxes on individuals and companies. The government should stay out of the private sector."
- Excerpt: "I believe that the government should stay out of Health care. Let the private sector sort out Health care and cut costs."
- Excerpt: "I believe that welfare needs to be reformed into Workfare. Where the able body recipient is trained to become a productive part of society."
- Excerpt: "We need to find a punishment and rehabilitation service for these men and women, so that they never want to go to jail/prison again. When they come out of jail/prison they can become a productive member of society."
- Excerpt: "I believe that Police, Firefighters, EMT’s and Teachers should be paid a fair and handsome sum for the duty they perform. They are doing a selfless act."