Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Colorado House of Representatives District 1|
was a 2012 Democratic
candidate for District 1
of the Colorado House of Representatives
Houck's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "It is essential that every child receives a quality education from our schools to produce a smart well-trained workforce. Every child deserves a shot at a quality education, and I will fight to ensure that funding for education is a top priority."
- Excerpt: "I understand that seniors have paved the way for our generation, yet seniors are often the target for fraud, abuse and neglect. seniors are also facing increasing costs for their medical care. I will stand up for the rights of seniors; I will work with those in the local, state, and federal level to ensure seniors can afford quality healthcare; I will advocate for those im my community who are faced with unique challenges as they grow older."
- Economy & Neighborhood Development
- Excerpt: "The number one hurdle facing the State of Colorado is quality jobs. I will make sure that the Governor and the Mayor look to HD1 as a viable neighborhood when exploring opportunities to expand business. It is time that the next leader of HD1 work to fill empty store fronts, and create jobs for the people living in the neighborhood."
- Excerpt: "Colorado's demographics have dramatically changed over the past 10 years; Latinos make up 51% of our district, yet they still face tough challenges in our community. We as a community need to unite across socio-economic and cultural lines so that together, we can tackle the tough issues like foreclosures, predatory payday lenders, challenging secure communities, passing ASSET, taking care of our seniors, and educating our children."
- Protecting Civil Rights and Stop the War on Women
- Excerpt: "Voter rights and women's rights are under attack in Colorado. I will lead the fight to protect the right to vote for all of Colorado's citizens. I will fight to protect women's rights for our generation and generations to come."
- See also: Colorado House of Representatives elections, 2012
Houck ran in the 2012 election for Colorado House of Representatives District 1. She was defeated by incumbent Jeanne Labuda in the Democratic primary on June 26, 2012.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 1 Democratic Primary, 2012
Jeanne Labuda Incumbent
| Corrie Houck
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Corrie + Houck + Colorado + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Corrie Houck News Feed