For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Fourteenth Middlesex|
|1999 - present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||16|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Massachusetts, Boston|
|Date of birth||02/10/1947|
|Place of birth||Boston, MA|
She has been a member of the Concord Democratic Town Committee.
Atkins' professional experience includes working as a partner with ADS Ventures from 1992 to 1999, and a columnist with Middlesex News from 1987 to 1993.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Atkins served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Tourism, Arts and Cultural Development Joint, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Atkins served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Election Laws Joint|
|• Higher Education Joint|
|• Rules, Vice-chair|
|• Rules Joint, Vice-chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Atkins served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Rules, Vice-chair|
Elections for the office of Massachusetts House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on September 9, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Cory Atkins was unopposed in the Democratic primary and defeated Ken Van Tassell in the general election.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Fourteenth Middlesex District General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Cory Atkins Incumbent||75.3%||12,080|
|Libertarian||Ken Van Tassell||24.7%||3,973|
Atkins won re-election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Fourteenth Middlesex District. Atkins was unopposed in the September 6 Democratic primary and defeated Michael Benn (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Fourteenth Middlesex District, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Cory Atkins Incumbent||65.4%||14,869|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives General Election, Fourteenth Middlesex District (2010)|
|Cory Atkins (D)||10,800|
|K.C. Winslow (I)||7,557|
On November 4, 2008, Atkins won re-election in the Massachusetts House of Representatives election for the Fourteenth Middlesex district. In this election she raised $66,349; of that total $63,215 (96.0%) was from in state contributions, $2,311 (3.5%) was from out of state contributions, and $290 (0.4%) was from unknown sources.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives - Fourteenth Middlesex district|
|Cory Atkins (D)||13,868|
|Richard McClure (I)||7,297|
In 2010, Atkins received $74,635 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Cory Atkins's campaign in 2010|
|Rasmussen, Anna Winter||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$74,635|
Atkins raised $66,349 in the 2008 election cycle.
Her major contributors are listed below.
|Ronal M. Ansin||$1,000|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Massachusetts Fiscal Alliance: 2013-2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization advocating economically conservative policy.
- Massachusetts League of Environmental Voters: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on environmental issues.
- Associated Industries of Massachusetts: 2011-2012 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization of employers.
- Mass Audubon: 2011-2012 Report Card
- Legislators are scored on environmental issues.
- Massachusetts Public Interest Research Group 2011-2012 Public Interest Research Group
- Legislators are scored on votes on issues including health care costs, consumer protection, recycling, transportation and democracy.
Atkins and her husband, Chester, have two children. She has been involved with the Belknap House, Concord Museum, and the League of Women Voters.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Cory + Atkins + Massachusetts + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Massachusetts state legislative districts
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Cory Atkins on Facebook
- Cory Atkins on LinkedIn
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Atkins
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2014 State Primary Candidates," accessed September 9, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2012 State Primary Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 2, 2010," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes For Massachusetts State Election - November 4, 2008," accessed March 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 campaign contributions," accessed December 29, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Massachusetts 2010 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts House donor numbers
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed June 2, 2014
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Middlesex 14
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |
Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court | Appeals Court | Superior Courts | District Courts | Probate and Family Courts | Juvenile Courts | Housing Courts | Land Courts | Boston Municipal Courts | Judicial selection in Massachusetts |