For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Council For a Better Louisiana
The Council For a Better Louisiana is a nonprofit, nonpartisan group founded in 1962. Also known as CABL, the Council's key missions are to raise citizen awareness of issues, advance public policies, hold government accountable, and foster civic leadership. The officers of the Council For a Better Louisiana are:
- President and CEO: Barry Erwin
- Vice President for Public Policy: Stephanie Desselle
- Research and Policy Analyst: Sheree Beverly
- Director of Development: Schuyler Klienpeter
- Chairman of the Board: Ray Authement, President, The University of Louisiana - Lafayette
- Chairman-Elect: William Hines, Managing Partner, Jones Walker Law Firm - New Orleans
- Secretary: Robert Levy, 3rd Judicial District Attorney - Ruston
- Treasurer: Phil Earhart, Business First Bank - Lake Charles
- Monitor the legislature to ensure accountability of actions, as well as to advocate spending decisions that will result in short term and long term benefits for the state.
- Serve on the Louisiana School Accountability Commission and the Louisiana High School Redesign Commission to reduce drop out rates and improve the quality of public education.
- Continue supporting and conducting the Leadership Louisiana Program.
Education: CABL seeks to increase accountability and responsiveness of public schools and universities, while raising standards.
Government policies: CABL supports government policies that reflect the priorities of the public and strives for greater government accountability.
Leadership: CABL is part of the Leadership Louisiana Program, which helps civic minded leaders better understand the people, places and issues that effect Louisiana.
The Center for A Better Louisiana is a 501(c)(6) organization. The Center also runs the Foundation for a Better Louisiana, which is a 501(c)(3) organization.
Funding for the Council for A Better Louisiana is provided through donations and member contributions. Sustaining members pay a minimum of $300 per year in dues, up to $5,000 per year.
Council for A Better Louisiana
Post Office Box 4308
Baton Rouge, LA 70821-4308
Phone: (225) 344-2225
Fax: (225) 338-9470