Georgia State Senate, District 33
- See also: Georgia State Senate elections, 2010
Prewett was unopposed in the July 20 primary.
|Georgia State Senate, District 33 - Republican Primary (2010)|
On his campaign website, Prewett lists five issues he is concerned about. They are:
- Job Creation
- Excerpt: "I feel that by reducing the tax burdens on our citizens and businesses, it would make it easier on business owners. We need to make Georgia a Pro-Business state."
- Excerpt: "I will support a bill similar to that of Arizona's, and will work to make Georgia the toughest state in the Nation on illegal immigration."
- Constitutionally Limited Government
- Excerpt: "The founders understood that the federal government was to execute the specific tasks as enumerated in Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution. Our founders understood that we promote the general welfare by limiting the role and function of the federal government in our daily lives, not promote the general welfare by being a welfare state."
- Gun Control
- Excerpt: "I am an avid outdoorsman and have a strong belief in the right to bear arms. Law abiding citizens do not need gun control, and infringing on our 2nd Amendment rights is unconstitutional!"
- Term Limits
- Excerpt: "Long term incumbency leads to Career Politicians that become complacent and care more about what is best for their careers instead of their country."
- Georgia Department of Elections list of state senate candidates
- July 20, 2010 Georgia Senate primary results
- Craig Prewett campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile of Craig Prewett
- Craig Prewett on Facebook