Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 66|
Dush is a retired corrections officer with the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections. Prior to that, he served in the US Air Force and Air National Guard. While in the US Air Force, he worked as a Law Enforcement Patrolman, Hostage Negotiator, and Anti-Terrorism Program Manager. While in the Air National Guard, he took part in Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Noble Eagle. He attended Clarion State College, the University of Louisville, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, Alan Hancock College, and the Community College of the Air Force.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 66 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Sam Smith Incumbent||49.1%||3,150|
In an electronic communication with Ballotpedia, Dush described his political philosophy as constitutionalist. He went on to explain this central theme of his campaign:
- "I believe the founders, as a group, understood human nature relative to governance in a way that has been unique in human history. The Constitution of the United States was written to address the tendency of those in power to seek to draw it unto themselves, and provided means to prevent it. It allowed the Federal Republic to operate effectively without trampling on the sovereign rights of either the states or the individuals. Pennsylvania's original constitutions of 1776 and 1790 benefited from the proximate date and essential authors of the United States Constitution. The fact that we've strayed from the founders' intent is reflected in the social and economic woes we face today."
He also detailed his policy goals:
- "Bring bureaucrats before open sessions of house committees to be held to account for:
- Unfunded Mandates
- Excessive, duplicative, and wasteful documentation requirements on municipal governments, schools, businesses and individuals
- Regulatory abuses"
- "Cut Secretariat staffing levels to 1980 levels."
- "Constitutional Amendments defining life as beginning at conception and marriage as being between one man and one woman."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Cris + Dush + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |
Right to Know Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |