|Colorado House of Representatives District 5|
|January 12, 2011-Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$45/day in Denver area, $183/day outside|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||Four consecutive terms|
|Bachelor's||University of Denver|
|J.D.||University of Colorado School of Law|
Duran earned her B.A. in Public Policy and Spanish from the University of Denver and her J.D. from the University of Colorado School of Law. Her professional experience includes working as a legal counsel for United Food and Commercial Workers Local 7, Executive Assistant for Family Star, Fellow for Alex Martinez of the Colorado Supreme Court, and Political Director for the Senator Mark Udall United States Senate campaign in 2008.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Duran served on the following committees:
|Colorado Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations, Vice Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Duran served on these committees:
|Colorado Committee Assignments, 2011|
Duran's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Job Creation
- Excerpt: "Successful job growth depends on ensuring that Colorado has a fair and reasonable tax structure, affordable housing, access to quality healthcare that drives down high costs, convenient and efficient transportation and a strong education system."
- Corporate Accountability and Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "I will work to keep state government and those who benefit from your tax dollars accountable by consolidating duplicate programs and demanding results to the policy issues that face us."
- Local Business Development and Growth
- Excerpt: "I believe we must support local companies during this economic downturn and make it easier to start a small business."
- New Energy Economy
- Excerpt: "As jobs are created in the renewable energy sector, we must ensure there is a plan for continued job growth in the industry."
- Stabilize Colorado's Budget
- Excerpt: "Evaluate increasing revenue through corporate taxes but not for working class families in this tough economy."
Duran won re-election in the 2012 election for Colorado House of Representatives District 5. She ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 26, 2012. She defeated Ronnie Nelson (R) and Victor Forsythe Villacres (G) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 5, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Crisanta Duran Incumbent||74.3%||20,483|
|Green||Victor Forsythe Villacres||3.8%||1,058|
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 5 General election (2010)|
|Crisanta Duran (D)||13,668|
|Ronnie Nelson (R)||4,148|
Comprehensive donor information for Duran is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Duran raised a total of $106,337 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 27, 2013.
|Crisanta Duran's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Colorado State House, District 5||$29,843|
|2010||Colorado State House, District 5||$76,494|
|Grand Total Raised||$106,337|
2012Duran won re-election to the Colorado House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Duran raised a total of $29,843.
|Colorado House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Crisanta Duran's campaign in 2012|
|Colorado Professional Fire Fighters||$4,000|
|Colorado Trial Lawyers Association Small Donor Cmte (CTLA)||$1,097|
|AFSCME Council 76||$1,000|
|Colorado Association Of Realtors||$700|
|Total Raised in 2012||$29,843|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Duran won election to the Colorado House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Duran raised a total of $76,494.
|Colorado House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Crisanta Duran's campaign in 2010|
|Colorado State Conference Of Electrical Workers Small Donor Cmte||$4,125|
|American Federation Of State County & Municipal Employees||$2,500|
|Colorado Education Association||$2,125|
|Denver Classroom Teachers Association||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$76,494|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Crisanta + Duran + Colorado + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Colorado House of Representatives
- Colorado House Committees
- Colorado House of Representatives District 5
- Colorado State Legislature
- Crisanta Duran's campaign website
- House website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Crisanta Duran facebook page
- Crisanta Duran twitter page
|Colorado House District 5
| Succeeded by|