Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Kentucky Auditor of Public Accounts|
|January 2004 - January 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Bachelor's||Centre College (1974)|
|Birthday||July 21, 1952|
|Place of birth||Frankfort, Kentucky|
Luallen did not run for re-election in 2011.
|Kentucky Auditor of Public Accounts (2007)|
|Crit Luallen (D)||591,910||59.2%|
|Linda Greenwell (R)||408,617||40.8%|
In 2007 Luallen collected $674,426 in donations.
Listed below are the top 5 contributors to her campaign.
|Crit Luallen for Auditor Campaign||$123,420|
|Kentucky Democratic Party||$73,012|
|Jefferson County Teachers Association||$2,000|
In 2009, Governing magazine named Luallen as one of eight "Public Officials of the Year" for her anti-corruption efforts. Other honorees included Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley, Washington Secretary of State Sam Reed, and Minnesota Representative Phyllis Kahn. Each year since 1994, Governing has selected a handful of state and local officials to honor for standout job performance. The Public Officials of the Year program "recognizes leaders from state, city and county government who exemplify the ideals of public service."
- Kentucky Auditor of Public Accounts Crit Luallen
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
- Official 2007 campaign website
- Courier-Journal, "Crit Luallen on the sidelines - for now," January 29, 2012
- Kentucky State Board of Elections, "November 2007 General Election Results," accessed April 29, 2011
- 2007 Luallen Campaign Donors
- Jonathan Walters, Governing, "Frankfort's Fiscal Enforcer," 2009
- Governing, "GOVERNING Announces 2012 Public Officials of the Year," October 19, 2012
|Kentucky Auditor of Public Accounts
| Succeeded by|