|U.S. House, California, District 42|
|Bachelor's||University of California Irvine, 1993|
|Master's||University of California Santa Barbara, 1996|
|Birthday||February 26, 1971|
|Place of birth||Northridge, CA|
was a 2012 Independent
candidate who sought election to the U.S. House
to represent the 42nd Congressional District
Novak's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I am an advocate for Sound Money policy. Sound Money policy limits the ability of the federal government to manipulate or destroy our financial wealth. Sound Money policy provides us the power to control our economic future independent of the government’s policies or at the whim of whichever political party is in control at the time."
- Excerpt: "The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) fixes several health insurance problems that we face such as insurance companies not accepting a “pre-existing medical condition” or dropping sick policyholders. However, Obamacare steps over the line by forcing us to buy insurance. This mandate exceeds the governments authority."
- Excerpt: "I support the Pickens Plan to reduce our transportation and energy reliance on OPEC oil. In 2011 the US spent $453 billion on imported oil from OPEC. The United States uses 21% of the world’s oil, but accounts for only 4% of the world’s population. We purchase 60% of our oil from potentially unfriendly and unstable OPEC nations."
- Excerpt: "Every reasonable person is concerned about the $15.7 Trillion dollar US National Debt. The problem is that the current incumbents in the House of Representatives are so entrenched in the narrow goals of their most extreme supporters that they cannot work together to formulate the necessary measures to reduce the Debt. "
- Excerpt: "Every day we hear of Congress’s inability to solve our economic, health care, education, environmental, and foreign policies. They rarely improve anything, and sometimes make matters worse, even when the voice of the people is loud and clear!"
- See also: California's 42nd Congressional District elections, 2012
Novak ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 42nd District. He was defeated in the open primary on June 5, 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Curt + Novak + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Curt Novak News Feed