Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Idaho, District 1|
Clinkingbeard ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Idaho's 1st District. Clinkingbeard was defeated by Jimmy Farris in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Raul Labrador defeated challenger Reed McCandless in the Republican primary.
|Idaho's 1st Congressional District Democratic Primary, 2012|
Mental health evaluation
On March 16, 2012, Clinkingbeard allegedly went into a Boise area Staples office supply store, made threatening remarks to an employee, and pulled out a handgun. After leaving the store, Clinkingbeard and two adults in a vehicle were later stopped by police. In a hearing, Magistrate Kevin Swain ordered that a court-appointed evaluator conduct a mental health evaluation on Clinkingbeard. The evaluation was scheduled for May 4, 2012. On May 7, 2012, the evaluation was rescheduled for June 5, after the May 15th primary.
An October 2012 article in The Daily named Clinkingbeard 1 of the 20 worst candidates in 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Cynthia + Clinkingbeard + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- KBOI "Idaho Election Primary Voting Results" Accessed May 22, 2012
- Boise Weekly.com "Mental Evaluation Ordered for Congressional Candidate Cynthia Clinkingbeard" Accessed April 30, 2012
- KIVI TV "Cynthia Clinkingbeard gears campaign back up after arrest" Accessed April 30, 2012
- Idaho Statesman "Mental Competency Hearing for Idaho Congressional Candidate Clinkingbeard" Accessed May 10, 2012.
- The Daily, "The worst candidates of 2012," accessed October 29, 2012