|Georgia House of Representatives, District 71|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||February 5, 2013|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
She was a 2013 Democratic candidate in the special election for District 71 of the Georgia House of Representatives. Bennett was also a nonpartisan candidate in the November 8, 2011 special election for the Georgia State Senate, District 28. The special election was called to fill the vacancy created when Mitch Seabaugh (R) resigned to accept an appointment to the position of deputy state treasurer.
- See also: Georgia State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Georgia State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014; a runoff election will take place where necessary on July 22, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Cynthia Conradt Bennett was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Michael R. "Mike" Crane was unopposed in the Republican primary. Bennett will face Crane in the general election.
Bennett ran in a special election for Georgia House of Representatives District 71. The seat was vacant following Robert Stokely's (R) resignation in order to serve as a Coweta County Magistrate Judge. Bennett lost against Michael Farbo, Jr. (R), Darryl Marmon (R), David J. Stover (R), Richard Weisser (R) and Thomas Crymes (R) in the special election on February 5. Candidates had until January 9 to qualify. As no candidate won 50 percent of the vote, the top two-vote-getters - Crymes and Stover - proceeded to a runoff.
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 71, Special Election, 2013|
Bennett faced Republicans Mark Washington, Duke Blackburn, Matt Brass, Mike Crane, Kyle Frank, Dale Pepper and Edward Stone. She also faced Democrats Wayne Seabolt and Jammie Williams. Since no candidate received a majority of the vote on November 8, the top two vote getters--Blackburn and Crane--proceeded to a runoff election on December 6.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Cynthia + Bennett + Georgia + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Georgia State Senate
- Georgia State Senate elections, 2014
- Georgia State Legislature
- Georgia State Senate District 28
- Georgia Secretary of State, "CANDIDATE QUALIFICATION COMPLETE IN SPECIAL ELECTION FOR STATE HOUSE DISTRICT 71," January 10, 2013
- Atlanta Business Chronicle, "Seabaugh leaving legislature for treasury post," October 3, 2011
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 10, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "GA - Election Results," accessed May 28, 2014
- The Citizen, "Stokely turns down House seat for local appointment," December 23, 2012
- Times Herald, "State Representative Special Election: Stover, Crymes set for runoff," February 6, 2013
- results.enr.clarityelections.com, "Official special election results," accessed November 15, 2013
- Georgia Secretary of State, "List of Candidates, District 25," October 19, 2011
- Georgia Secretary of State, District 28, Unofficial Results, November 9, 2011
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |