Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District, Texas
|Cypress-Fairbanks Independent |
|Superintendent:||Dr. Mark Henry|
|Number of schools:||81|
|Website:||School Home Page|
|Board of Education|
|Board president:||Bob R. Covey|
About the districtHouston, Texas, which is also a seat of Harris County, Texas. According to the 2010 U.S. Census, Houston is home to 2,099,451 residents.
In terms of graduation rate, average household income and poverty rate, Houston underperformed in these areas. The graduation rate was 74.4% compared to 80.4% statewide. The average household income was $44,124 compared to $50,920 in the entire state. Houston had a poverty rate of 21.5%, while the poverty rate for Texas was 17.0%.
|Racial Demographics, 2010|
|Race||Houston city (%)||Texas (%)|
|Hispanic or Latino||43.8||37.6|
|Black or African American||23.7||11.8|
|American Indian and Alaska Native||0.7||0.7|
|Two or More Races||3.3||2.7|
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
The current superintendent of Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District is Dr. Mark Henry, who was appointed in 2011. Dr. Henry has a bachelor's in physical education from the University of Texas, a master's in education administration from the University of North Texas and a doctorate of education in administration. Henry has served as a superintendent in Texas for more than 20 years, beginning as superintendent of schools for Milford ISD in 1991, Collinsville ISD in 1993, Sulphur Springs ISD in 1998 and Galena Park ISD in 2004.
Cypress-Fairbanks ISD is overseen by a seven-member board elected at-large to four-year terms.
|Cypress-Fairbanks ISD Board of Trustees|
|Member||Role||Position #||Term Ends|
|Bob R. Covey||President||Position 7||2017|
|Don Ryan||Vice President||Position 6||2017|
|Tom Jackson||Secretary||Position 1||2015|
|Christine Hartley||Board Member||Position 2||2015|
|Kevin H. Hoffman||Board Member||Position 4||2015|
|Darcy Mingoia||Board Member||Position 2||2015|
|John D. Ogletree, Jr.||Board Member||Position 5||2017|
School board elections
Three seats were up for election on the Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District board on November 5, 2013 covering at-large Positions 5, 6 and 7. All three incumbents, John D. Ogletree, Jr., Don Ryan and Bob R. Covey won re-election to the board.
Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District publishes its annual budget on its website.
|Expenditures by Category|
|School Year||Staff Expenses||Student Services||Operational Expenses||Debt Service||Other||Budget Total|
|Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget|
The table below is based on a teacher with a bachelor's degree. A teacher with a master's degree will receive a $2,000 supplement to the base schedule at the appropriate experience level. A teacher with a doctorate will receive a $3,000 supplement to the base schedule at the appropriate experience level.
|Cypress-Fairbanks ISD Teacher Salary Schedule 2013-2014|
Schools in Cypress-Fairbanks ISD
Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District operates 81 schools listed below in alphabetical order.
|Cypress-Fairbanks ISD schools|
|Adam Elementary School|
|Andre' Elementary School|
|Aragon Middle School|
|Arnold Middle School|
|Ault Elementary School|
|Bane Elementary School|
|Bang Elementary School|
|Birkes Elementary School|
|Black Elementary School|
|Bleyl Middle School|
|Campbell Middle School|
|Cook Middle School|
|Copeland Elementary School|
|Cy-Fair High School|
|Cypress Creek High School|
|Cypress Falls High School|
|Cypress Lakes High School|
|Cypress Ranch High School|
|Cypress Ridge High School|
|Cypress Springs High School|
|Cypress Woods High School|
|Danish Elementary School|
|Dean Middle School|
|Duryea Elementary School|
|Emery Elementary School|
|Emmott Elementary School|
|Farney Elementary School|
|Fiest Elementary School|
|Francone Elementary School|
|Frazier Elementary School|
|Gleason Elementary School|
|Goodson Middle School|
|Hairgrove Elementary School|
|Hamilton Elementary School|
|Hamilton Middle School|
|Hancock Elementary School|
|Hemmenway Elementary School|
|Holbrook Elementary School|
|Holmsley Elementary School|
|Hopper Middle School|
|Horne Elementary School|
|Jersey Village High School|
|Jowell Elementary School|
|Kahla Middle School|
|Keith Elementary School|
|Kirk Elementary School|
|Labay Middle School|
|Lamkin Elementary School|
|Langham Creek High School|
|Lee Elementary School|
|Lieder Elementary School|
|Lowery Elementary School|
|Matzke Elementary School|
|McFee Elementary School|
|Metcalf Elementary School|
|Millsap Elementary School|
|Moore Elementary School|
|Owens Elementary School|
|Pope Elementary School|
|Post Elementary School|
|Postma Elementary School|
|Reed Elementary School|
|Rennell Elementary School|
|M. Robinson Elementary School|
|A. Robison Elementary School|
|Salyards Middle School|
|Sampson Elementary School|
|Sheridan Elementary School|
|Smith Middle School|
|Spillane Middle School|
|Swenke Elementary School|
|Thornton Middle School|
|Tipps Elementary School|
|Truitt Middle School|
|Walker Elementary School|
|Warner Elementary School|
|Watkins Middle School|
|Willbern Elementary School|
|Wilson Elementary School|
|Windfern High School of Choice|
|Yeager Elementary School|
|Transparency grading process|
Last rated on August 3, 2010.
- Meeting agendas are archived for 14 years.
- A meeting calendar is available and names the times and locations of public meetings.
- Meeting video or podcasts are available, and can me found after clicking on the agenda page for each year. These videos qualify for the meeting minute criteria for Sunshine Review.
- The most current budget is listed.
- Budgets are archived for 5 years.
- Public records
- The public information officer is identified and maintained by the Legal Services office. This office provides a mailing address, phone number and personalized email.
- A public records form is provided by Legal Services.
- A fee schedule for documents is provided.
- The most recent audit is posted.
- Audits dating back to 2008 are available..
- Academic performance reports for the school are posted online..
- Administrative officials
- Department heads are listed for each department.
- Contact information for administrative officials is provided including a mailing address, phone number, and personalized email.
- Employment opportunities and the hiring process are highlighted.
- Employee pay scale is posted.
- Background checks
- The criminal background check policy and teacher certification requirements are posted online.
- Bids and RFPs are posted online.
- Approved contract statements are provided for vendors.
- Meeting minutes/highlights are not archived for at least 3 years.
- Elected Officials
- Board of Trustees are listed, but direct contact information is not available. The email posted is generic for the board. Sunshine Review requires personalized email addresses for elected officials.
- United States Census, "Quick Facts: Houston," accessed August 19, 2013]
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Dr. Mark Henry, Superintendent Accessed August 27, 2013]
- About the Board of Trustees Accessed August 27, 2013
- Trustee Election Accessed September 3, 2013
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District, "2013-2014 Budget," accessed November 26, 2013
- Hiring Schedule for Teachers, Speech Pathologists, and Nurses 2013-14 Accessed August 27, 2013
- Schools Accessed August 27, 2013
- Public Information
- Accountability reports
- Pay scale
- Background checks
- Tax Information
- Board of Trustees