Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Oklahoma, District 2|
|High school||Sequoyah High School|
|Bachelor's||U.S. Naval Academy|
|Master's||U.S. Naval War College|
|Service/branch||U.S. Marine Corps|
|Years of service||1985 - 2005|
|Profession||Former Marine, defense analyst|
Wood was commissioned into the U.S. Marine Corps in May of 1965. During his 20-year career in the Marines, Wood had a variety of assignments, including conducting wide-ranging analysis on policy for the Commandant of the Marine Corps and carrying out multiple contingency operations. Since his retirement, Wood has spent nearly five years as a Senior Fellow at the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments in Washington, D.C.
Wood ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Oklahoma's 2nd District. Wood sought the nomination on the Republican ticket. The signature filing deadline for candidates wishing to run was April 13, 2012. Wood faced George Faught. Wayne Pettigrew, Dustin Rowe, Dwayne Thompson, and Markwayne Mullin in the June 26, 2012 primary.
Thompson was defeated in the Republican primary on June 26, 2012. The top two vote getters, George Faught and Markwayne Mullin, will run in a runoff primary after no candidate received enough of the vote to win the nomination.
| align="left" valign="top" |
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Dakota + Wood + Oklahoma + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Brzezinski: 'I'm probably guilty' of hypocrisy on Bush-Cheney vs. Obama NSA ... - Daily Caller
- Despite health challenges, Southern states resist Medicaid expansion - SunHerald.com
- Meet the man who wants to unseat the Democrats' most colorful congressman - Daily Caller
- Happy Father's Day: President Obama and his daughter play with toy guns - Daily Caller
- Republicans seek to end federal ethanol mandate - Daily Caller
- Lack of a Prenup Imperils Oil Billionaire Hamm's Fortune - Moneynews
- Geography fail: Sen. Landrieu says South Dakota borders Canada in anti-border ... - Daily Caller
- Taxpayers spend $41.3 million in a year to advertise food stamps, a 6-fold ... - Daily Caller
- Economy keeps humming - Norman Transcript
- Oklahoma tornado: Parents huddle waiting for news of lost children as rescuers ... - NEWS.com.au
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
As of June 6, 2012, Wood raised $128,010 during the 2012 election cycle and spent $78,741, leaving him with $35,959 cash on hand. One hundred percent of that came from individual contributions.
Wood and his wife, Dixie, have three children - Aubrie (17), Liam (13), and Emma (12).