|Washington State Senate District 42|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
On March 10, 2010, Brandland announced he would not be seeking re-election.
Brandland graduated from the Police Science and Administration program from Washington State University in 1975. He went on to graduate from the Federal Bureau of Investigation National Academy in 1998.
Brandland was in the United States Navy from 1968 to 1969. He the worked as a police officer for the Bellingham Police Department from 1976 to 1992. He then worked as sheriff for Whatcom County from 1992 to 2003.
While a member of the Washington State Senate, Brandland served on the following committees:
- Early Learning & K-12 Education Committee, Washington State Senate
- Human Services & Corrections Committee, Washington State Senate
- Ways and Means Committee, Washington State Senate
Brandland did not run for re-election in 2010.
In November 2006, Brandland was re-elected for the 42nd District of the Washington State Senate receiving 25,836 votes.
Brandland raised $179,635 for his campaign.
|Washington State Senate, District 42 (2006)|
|Dale Brandland (R)||25,836|
|Jesse Salomon (D)||22,684|
In 2006, Brandland collected $179,635 in donations.
Listed below are the top four contributors to his campaign.
|Total Renal Care Inc.||$1,700|
|Washington Council of Police & Sheriffs||$1,425|
Brandland and his wife Jean have two children.
- Dale Brandland on the Washington State Senate website
- Brandland's state-sponsored website
- Legislative profile for Brandland on Project Vote Smart
- Biographical profile for Brandland on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Washington Votes profile for Brandland
|Washington Senate District 42
| Succeeded by|