|New York State Senate, District 59|
|New York State Assembly|
|1972 - 1975|
Volker served in the New York State Assembly from 1972 to 1975. He served as Senate Assistant Majority Leader of Conference Operations, representing the 59th District.
On April 30, 2010, Volker announced that he would not seek re-election in 2010.
Volker earned his B.A. from Canisius College, Buffalo, in 1963 and his J.D. from Buffalo Law School at the State University of New York in 1966. His professional experience includes working as an attorney and as a police officer for the Village of Depew from 1963 to 1972.
While a member of the New York State Senate, Volker served on the following committees:
- Codes Committee, New York State Senate
- Commerce, Economic Development and Small Business Committee, New York State Senate
- Crime Victims, Crime and Correction Committee, New York State Senate
- Ethics Committee, New York State Senate
- Finance Committee, New York State Senate
- Judiciary Committee, New York State Senate
- Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities Committee, New York State Senate
- Rules Committee, New York State Senate
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2010
Volker did not run for re-election in 2010.
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2008
Volker raised $1,123,164 for his campaign.
|New York State Senate, District 59 (2008)|
|Dale Volker (R)||70,635|
|Kathy Konst (D)||57,278|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Dale Volker's 2008 campaign.
|Senate Republican Campaign CMTE of New York||$515,600|
|Friends for the Election of Dean Skelos||$15,500|
|1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East||$14,500|
|Rent Stabilization Association||$10,050|
|Liberty Street Realty LLC||$9,500|
Volker and his wife, Carol, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Dale + Volker + New York + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Senate
- Senate Committees
- New York State Legislature
- New York state legislative districts
- Official New York State Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- WCAX, "Longtime NY Sen. Dale Volker retiring," April 30, 2010(Archived)
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Dale Volker," accessed December 19, 2014
- New York Times, "NY state legislative election results," accessed February 11, 2014
- New York State Board of Elections, "Official Primary results from September 14, 2010," accessed July 31, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Report on Dale's 2008 campaign contributions," accessed December 19, 2014
|New York Senate District 59
| Succeeded by|
Patrick Gallivan (R)