|Board member, Blue Springs School Board, At-large|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||April 8, 2014|
|First elected||April 6, 1993|
Dale Walkup is a former manager for Wal-Mart, Sam's Club and currently operates Lucky Time Self Service Dog and Car Wash. Walkup and his wife have three daughters that are all graduates of Blue Springs School District. He is also a former candidate for District 31 of the Missouri House of Representatives.
Dale Walkup was opposed by fellow incumbents Dale Walkup and Kay Coen for three at-large seats in the general election on April 8, 2014.
Walkup has not reported any campaign contributions or expenditures to the Missouri Ethics Commission.
Walkup has not received any official endorsements for her campaign.
Walkup ran in the 2012 election for Missouri House of Representatives, District 31. Walkup defeated Syed Asif in the August 7 Democratic primary and was defeated by District 55 incumbent Sheila Solon (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 31, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Sheila Solon Incumbent||60.6%||11,335|
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 31 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Blue Springs School District, At-Large General Election, 3-year term, 2011|
|Nonpartisan||Dale Walkup Incumbent||22.9%||3,516|
|Nonpartisan||James Coen Incumbent||20.3%||3,116|
|Nonpartisan||Dale Falck Incumbent||20%||3,077|
|Nonpartisan||Diane S. Voss||17.1%||2,638|
|Source: Jackson County Elections Board, "Election Summary Report," April 12, 2011|
What was at stake?
Three seats on the school board were up for election on April 8, 2014. Incumbents Kay Coen, Dale Walkup and Dale Falck were unopposed and the election did not appear on the ballot.
About the district
- See also: Blue Springs School District, Missouri
Jackson County outperformed the rest of Missouri in terms of higher education achievement in 2013. The United States Census Bureau found that 27.6 percent of Jackson County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 26.2 percent for Missouri as a whole. The median household income in Jackson County was $47,015 compared to $47,380 for the state of Missouri. The poverty rate in Jackson County was 17.4 percent compared to 15.5 percent for the entire state.
Note: Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" percentage, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off. Read more about race and ethnicity in the Census here.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dale + Falck + Blue + Springs + School + District'"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Blue Springs School District, "Board members," accessed February 18, 2014
- Missouri Ethics Commission, "Candidate Information," accessed February 13, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Nov 6, 2012 General Election - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Aug 7, 2012 Primary - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Jackson County, Missouri," accessed February 3, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed April 22, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Missouri Election Results," accessed January 23, 2015
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
|2014 Blue Springs School District Elections|
|Blue Springs, Missouri|
|Election date:||April 8, 2014|
|Candidates:||At-large: • Incumbent, Dale Falck • Incumbent, Kay Coen • Incumbent, Dale Walkup|
|Important information:||What was at stake? • Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|