For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, North Carolina , District 9|
|High school||The Asheville School, Myers Park High School|
|Bachelor's||College of Charleston|
|Date of birth||May 24, 1965|
|Place of birth||Charlotte, NC|
|Profession||Insurance executive, Weddington Mayor Pro Tem|
Barry's candidacy was labeled "On the Radar" by the National Republican Congressional Committee and the Young Gun's Program.
Barry ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent North Carolina's 9th District. Barry was defeated by Robert Pittenger in the Republican primary on May 8, 2012. Because no candidate received more than 40% of the vote in the Republican primary election, a runoff primary took place.
The Washington Post listed the House of Representatives elections in North Carolina in 2012 as one of the 10 states that could determine whether Democrats would retake the House or Republicans would hold their majority in 2013. North Carolina was rated 8th on the list.
The primary took place on May 8, 2012.
AdsIn April 2012, Barry released a 30-second TV ad titled "Blueprint for North Carolina."
"Blueprint for North Carolina"
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Dan + Barry + North Carolina + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- carolinapoliticsonline, "Dan Barry switches from 8th District race to 9th," accessed February 28, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Election Results," accessed May 9, 2012.
- Press Release Accessed March 29, 2012 (dead link)
- Washington Post, "The 10 states that will determine control of the House in 2012," accessed April 25, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 Primary Results," accessed October 10, 2012