Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, 12th Suffolk District|
|September 25, 2013 - Present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||September 10, 2013|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Cullinane served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Elder Affairs Joint|
|• Financial Services Joint|
|• Health Care Financing Joint|
|• Post Audit and Oversight|
Elections for the office of Massachusetts House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on September 9, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Dan Cullinane defeated Corey Allen, Ruthella Logan-Cruz and Carlotta Williams in the Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Twelfth Suffolk District Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Dan Cullinane Incumbent||66.8%||3,093|
Cullinane won election in a special election for Massachusetts House of Representatives 12th Suffolk District. The seat was vacant following Linda Dorcena Forry's (D) election to the Massachusetts State Senate. A special election was called for September 10, with a primary on August 13. Cullinane defeated Stephanie L. Everett and Marydith E. Tuitt in the August 13 Democratic primary and defeated two write-in Independent candidates in the special election, which took place on September 10.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, 12th Suffolk District, Special Election, 2013|
|Independent||Lincoln B. Larmond||5.4%||120|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, 12th Suffolk District Democratic Primary, 2013|
|Stephanie L. Everett||21.1%||540|
|Marydith E. Tuitt||13.8%||353|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Massachusetts Fiscal Alliance: 2013-2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization advocating economically conservative policy.
- Massachusetts League of Environmental Voters: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on environmental issues.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dan + Cullinane + Massachusetts + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives
- Massachusetts House of Representatives Twelfth Suffolk District
- Massachusetts House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2014 State Primary Candidates," accessed September 9, 2014
- dotnews.com, "Another special election: Dates set in race to replace Dorcena Forry," June 5, 2013
- sec.state.ma.us, "Primary Candidates," accessed July 19, 2013
- masslive.com, "Democrats Dan Cullinane, Daniel Donahue and Carol Fiola elected to Massachusetts House," September 11, 2013
- electionstats.state.ma.us, "Official Democratic primary results," accessed November 19, 2013
- electionstats.state.ma.us, "Official special election results," accessed November 19, 2013
Linda Dorcena Forry (D)
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Twelfth Suffolk
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |
Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court | Appeals Court | Superior Courts | District Courts | Probate and Family Courts | Juvenile Courts | Housing Courts | Land Courts | Boston Municipal Courts | Judicial selection in Massachusetts |