|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 1A|
|2011 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Master's||North Dakota State University|
|Birthday||June 28, 1954|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Committee assignments
- 3 Issues
- 4 Elections
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Scorecards
- 7 Personal
- 8 Recent news
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Fabian earned his B.A. in Biology and Health and Physical Education from Concordia College, and his master's degree in Education/Physical Education from North Dakota State University. His professional experience includes working as a teacher and a self-employed crop hail insurance adjuster.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Fabian served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Environment and Natural Resources Policy|
|• Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture Finance|
|• Jobs and Economic Development Finance and Policy|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Fabian served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Capital Investment|
|• Education Finance|
|• Environment, Energy and Natural Resources Policy and Finance|
|• Redistricting, Vice-chair|
Fabian's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Promoting small business growth and job creation through tax and regulatory reform"
- Excerpt: "A fiscally responsible, common-sense approach to government taxing and spending"
- Excerpt: "Reducing the inequity that exists between rural and metro school funding, increasing local control"
- Excerpt: "Defending the Second Amendment, Right to Keep and Bear Arms"
- Excerpt: "Standing up for agricultural profitability and protecting farmers from excessive government regulation"
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 12, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Bruce Patterson was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Dan Fabian was unopposed in the Republican primary.
Fabian won re-election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 1A. He was unopposed in the Republican primary on August 7 and defeated Bruce Patterson (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 1A, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Dan Fabian Incumbent||60.2%||11,146|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 1A (2010)|
|David Olin (DFL)||5,707||41.22%|
|Dan Fabian (R)||8,119||58.65%|
Comprehensive donor information for Fabian is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Fabian raised a total of $88,963 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 28, 2013.
|Dan Fabian's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota State House, District 1A||$54,695|
|2010||Minnesota State House, District 1A||$34,268|
|Grand Total Raised||$88,963|
2012Fabian won re-election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Fabian raised a total of $54,695.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dan Fabian's campaign in 2012|
|Minnesota Telecommunication Allians||$500|
|Stordahl, Ronald A.||$500|
|Freedom Club of Minnesota||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$54,695|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Fabian won election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Fabian raised a total of $34,268.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dan Fabian's campaign in 2010|
|Minnesota Telecommunication Alliance||$500|
|Foley, Robert F.||$500|
|Freedom Club of Minnesota||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$34,268|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
Fabian and his wife, Roxanne, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Dan + Fabian + Minnesota + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Campaign Facebook page
- "fabianfor1a," Official Campaign Website
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Minnesota Leaders," February 3, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State Canvassing Board Report," August 19, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2010 Election Results," accessed March 9, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Fabian, Dan." Retrieved June 28, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed May 15, 2014
David Olin (DFL)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 1A
| Succeeded by|
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |