|Minnesota House of Representatives District 1A|
|2011 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Master's||North Dakota State University|
|Birthday||June 28, 1954|
Fabian is a teacher and a self-employed crop hail insurance adjuster.
Fabian graduated from Concordia College with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology and Health and Physical Education. he received his Master's in Education/Physical Education from North Dakota State University.
Fabian's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Promoting small business growth and job creation through tax and regulatory reform"
- Excerpt:"A fiscally responsible, common-sense approach to government taxing and spending"
- Excerpt:"Reducing the inequity that exists between rural and metro school funding, increasing local control"
- Excerpt:"Defending the Second Amendment, Right to Keep and Bear Arms"
- Excerpt:"Standing up for agricultural profitability and protecting farmers from excessive government regulation"
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Fabian served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Environment and Natural Resources Policy|
|• Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture Finance|
|• Jobs and Economic Development Finance and Policy|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Fabian served on these committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Capital Investment|
|• Education Finance|
|• Environment, Energy and Natural Resources Policy and Finance|
|• Redistricting, Vice-chair|
Fabian won re-election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 1A. He was unopposed in the Republican primary on August 7 and defeated Bruce Patterson (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 1A, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Dan Fabian Incumbent||60.2%||11,146|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 1A (2010)|
|David Olin (DFL)||5,707||41.22%|
|Dan Fabian (R)||8,119||58.65%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Fabian raised $34,268 in contributions.
His largest contributor was the Public Fund, which donated $3,413 to his campaign.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Dan + Fabian + Minnesota + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tough Minnesota legislative session comes to a close - West Central Tribune
- Minnesota legislature provisions include paint, bees, farmers - Budgeteer
- MINNESOTA LEGISLATIVE NOTEBOOK: Energy bill includes solar sales - Grand Forks Herald
- Minnesota House OKs $11 billion health spending bill - Pioneer Press
- Minnesota House debates Health and Human Services spending (w/ live video) - Pioneer Press
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Fabian and his wife Roxanne have three children.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Facebook profile
- ↑ "fabianfor1a," Official Campaign Website
- ↑ Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Minnesota Leaders," February 3, 2012
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," retrieved June 18, 2012
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State – 2010 General Election Results
- ↑ 2010 contributions
David Olin (DFL)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 1A
| Succeeded by|
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |
Data Practices Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |