|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 1A|
|2011 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Master's||North Dakota State University|
|Birthday||June 28, 1954|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Committee assignments
- 3 Issues
- 4 Elections
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Scorecards
- 7 Personal
- 8 Recent news
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Fabian earned his B.A. in Biology and Health and Physical Education from Concordia College, and his master's degree in Education/Physical Education from North Dakota State University. His professional experience includes working as a teacher and a self-employed crop hail insurance adjuster.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Fabian served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Environment and Natural Resources Policy|
|• Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture Finance|
|• Jobs and Economic Development Finance and Policy|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Fabian served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Capital Investment|
|• Education Finance|
|• Environment, Energy and Natural Resources Policy and Finance|
|• Redistricting, Vice-chair|
Fabian's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Promoting small business growth and job creation through tax and regulatory reform"
- Excerpt: "A fiscally responsible, common-sense approach to government taxing and spending"
- Excerpt: "Reducing the inequity that exists between rural and metro school funding, increasing local control"
- Excerpt: "Defending the Second Amendment, Right to Keep and Bear Arms"
- Excerpt: "Standing up for agricultural profitability and protecting farmers from excessive government regulation"
Fabian won re-election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 1A. He was unopposed in the Republican primary on August 7 and defeated Bruce Patterson (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 1A, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Dan Fabian Incumbent||60.2%||11,146|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 1A (2010)|
|David Olin (DFL)||5,707||41.22%|
|Dan Fabian (R)||8,119||58.65%|
Comprehensive donor information for Fabian is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Fabian raised a total of $88,963 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 28, 2013.
|Dan Fabian's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota State House, District 1A||$54,695|
|2010||Minnesota State House, District 1A||$34,268|
|Grand Total Raised||$88,963|
2012Fabian won re-election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Fabian raised a total of $54,695.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dan Fabian's campaign in 2012|
|Minnesota Telecommunication Allians||$500|
|Stordahl, Ronald A.||$500|
|Freedom Club of Minnesota||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$54,695|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Fabian won election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Fabian raised a total of $34,268.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dan Fabian's campaign in 2010|
|Minnesota Telecommunication Alliance||$500|
|Foley, Robert F.||$500|
|Freedom Club of Minnesota||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$34,268|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
Fabian and his wife, Roxanne, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Dan + Fabian + Minnesota + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Campaign Facebook page
- "fabianfor1a," Official Campaign Website
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Minnesota Leaders," February 3, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2010 Election Results," accessed March 9, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Fabian, Dan." Retrieved June 28, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed September 27, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed September 27, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed September 27, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed September 27, 2013
David Olin (DFL)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 1A
| Succeeded by|
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |