|Pennsylvania State House District 23|
|1999 - Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||15|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Political Science, Kenyon College, 1978|
|Place of birth||Pittsburgh, PA|
Frankel earned his B.A. in Political Science from Kenyon College in 1978. He then attended the Certificate Program for Senior Executives in State and Local Government at the John F. Kennedy School of Government of Harvard University. His professional experience includes working as Vice-President of The Frankel Company from 1980 to 1989 and as the Vice-President of Hilb, Rogal & Hamilton, Incorporated.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Frankel served on the following committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Joint State Government Commission|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Frankel served on these committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2011|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Frankel served on these committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Insurance, Vice Chair|
|• State Government|
Elections for the office of Pennsylvania House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent Dan Frankel was unopposed in the Democratic primary and unchallenged in the general election.
Frankel ran in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 23. Frankel ran unchallenged in the April 24 primary and was unchallenged in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 23, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Dan Frankel Incumbent||100%||26,742|
|Pennsylvania State House, District 23|
|Dan Frankel (D)||16,267||79.9%|
|Daniel Ulrich Wiseman (R)||4,088||20.1%|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 23|
|Dan B. Frankel (D)||25,793||86.7%|
|Mary E. Hughes (G)||3,948||13.3%|
Comprehensive donor information for Dan Frankel is available dating back to 1998. Based on available campaign finance records, Dan Frankel raised a total of $1,093,641 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 11, 2013.
|Dan Frankel's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 23||$288,909|
|2010||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 23||$133,235|
|2008||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 23||$99,625|
|2006||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 23||$178,609|
|2004||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 23||$140,836|
|2002||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 23||$94,283|
|2000||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 23||$92,715|
|1998||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 23||$65,429|
|Grand Total Raised||$1,093,641|
2012Dan Frankel won re-election to the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Dan Frankel raised a total of $288,909.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dan Frankel's campaign in 2012|
|Pennsylvania State Education Association||$18,000|
|Benter, William F||$10,000|
|Afscme Council 13||$5,750|
|Grealish, Thomas B||$5,250|
|Total Raised in 2012||$288,909|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Frankel raised $133,235 during the 2010 election cycle.
His top contributors are listed below.
|Jay Costa for State Senate||$5,000|
|Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney||$3,300|
|Doyle for Congress Cmte||$2,500|
|Jewish Community Pac of Pittsburgh||$2,500|
|Gumberg, Lawrence N||$2,000|
|Simmons, R P||$2,000|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators were scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Liberty City LGBT Democratic Club: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators were scored on their support for legislation related to LGBT equality.
- The American Conservative Union: 2012 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators were scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Pennsylvania National Federation of Independent Business: 2011-2012 Voting Record
- Legislators were scored on their votes on key small business issues.
- Conservation Voters of Pennsylvania: Marcellus Shale Scorecard 2011-12
- Legislators were scored based on floor votes that highlighted environmental issues.
Frankel and his wife, Debra, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Dan + Frankel + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Pennsylvania General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Pennsylvania state legislative districts
- Rep. Frankel's personal website
- Profile from the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Dan Frankel on Facebook
- Dan Frankel on Twitter
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official primary results for May 20, 2014," accessed July 9, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 Official Candidate Listing," accessed March 21, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List," April 15, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2010 General Election Results," accessed May 2, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official 2008 General Election Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Frankel, Dan," accessed September 11, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 campaign contributors," accessed May 15, 2014
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 23
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |