|Pennsylvania State House District 23|
|1999 - Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||14|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Political Science, Kenyon College, 1978|
|Place of birth||Pittsburgh, PA|
Frankel earned his BA in Political Science from Kenyon College in 1978. He then attended the Certificate Program for Senior Executives in State and Local Government at the John F. Kennedy School of Government of Harvard University.
Frankel worked as Vice-President of The Frankel Company from 1980 to 1989. He is currently Vice-President of Hilb, Rogal & Hamilton, Incorporated. He works as an Insurance Executive.
In 1999, Frankel joined the Pennsylvania House of Representatives. He has served in that position since, representing the 23rd District.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Frankel served on the following committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Joint State Government Commission|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Frankel served on these committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2011|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Frankel served on these committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Insurance, Vice Chair|
|• State Government|
Frankel ran in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 23. Frankel ran unchallenged in the April 24 primary and was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 23, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Dan Frankel Incumbent||100%||26,742|
|Pennsylvania State House, District 23|
|Dan Frankel (D)||16,267||79.9%|
|Daniel Ulrich Wiseman (R)||4,088||20.1%|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 23|
|Dan B. Frankel (D)||25,793||86.7%|
|Mary E. Hughes (G)||3,948||13.3%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Frankel raised $133,235 during the 2010 election cycle.
His top contributors are listed below.
|Jay Costa for State Senate||$5,000|
|Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney||$3,300|
|Doyle for Congress Cmte||$2,500|
|Jewish Community Pac of Pittsburgh||$2,500|
|Gumberg, Lawrence N||$2,000|
|Simmons, R P||$2,000|
Frankel and his wife, Debra, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Dan + Frankel + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Democrats Pushing Gov. Corbett on Medicaid Expansion - Patch.com
- Dems try to advance Medicaid expansion, study finds uncompensated care tops ... - Philly.com (blog)
- Rep. Dan Frankel - thejewishchronicle.net
- Unbelievably, it's still legal in PA to discriminate against people because ... - Penn Live
- Pennsylvania House Passes Abortion 'Opt Out' Bill - CBS Local
- House set to tee up its version of the budget: Tuesday Morning Coffee - PennLive.com (blog)
- Local senators back anti-discrimination bill - The Tribune-Democrat
- 102 Pa. Lawmakers Introduce LGBT Anti-Discrimination Bill - Law360 (subscription)
- And Now, There's One More Reason To Cross The Border Into Delaware - Philebrity.com
- In rebuttal: Lawmaker defends opposition to new abortion regs - thejewishchronicle.net
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Rep. Frankel
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- ↑ Pennsylvania Department of State, Official Primary Results
- ↑ Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List In Ballot Order," March 26, 2012
- ↑ 2010 general election results from the Pennsylvania Secretary of State's office
- ↑ Official 2008 state house election results from the Pennsylvania Department of State
- ↑ Follow the Money, 2010 campaign contributors to Dan Frankel
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 23
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |
Right to Know Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |