|Colorado State Senate District 16|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
He graduated from Western State College. His professional experience includes working as Manager of the White Water Rafting Company, Staff for United States Representative Mark Udall, Certified Type II Wildland Firefighter for the Timber Industry, Ski Coach at a local high school and Director of the Western Slope Office of United States Congressman Mark Udall.
- Agriculture, Natural Resources & Energy Committee, Colorado Senate
- Transportation Committee, Colorado Senate
Gibbs' sponsored legislation includes:
- SB 10-191 - Quality Instruction Through Educator Effectiveness 
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2010
Gibbs was eligible but did not seek re-election in 2010.
Gibbs raised $122,690 for his campaign, while Ytterberg raised $63,509.
|Colorado State Senate, District 16 (2008)|
|Dan Gibbs (D)||45,248|
|Don Ytterberg (R)||31,407|
In 2008, Gibbs collected $122,690 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Dan Gibbs For Colorado||$5,490|
|Food & Commercial Workers Local 7||$4,250|
|Colorado Education Association||$4,250|
|Jefferson County Education Association||$4,250|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Dan + Gibbs + Colorado + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Colorado State Legislature
- Colorado State Senate
- Colorado Senate Committees
- Colorado state legislative districts
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Dan Gibbs
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Sen. Gibbs's personal website
- Colorado News Agency, "Teacher's Union Shaken, Allies Divided by Passage of Tenure Reform," May 12, 2010
- Colorado Secretary of State, " Official 2008 General election results," accessed April 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Funds raised by 2008 Senate candidates," accessed April 14, 2014
- 2008 contributions to Dan Gibbs
Joan Fitz-Gerald (D)
|Colorado State Senate - District 16
| Succeeded by|
Jeanne Nicholson (D)