|Washington House of Representatives, District 35a|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Griffey's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Jobs & Economy
- Excerpt: "Protecting existing jobs and promoting a business friendly environment to create new ones is a top priority of mine."
- Excerpt: "All children deserve the same opportunities. They deserve the best teachers and the best environment in which to thrive. Our future depends on their success, and we must give them nothing short of what we expect from them- greatness."
- Excerpt: "We must remember that every dollar the state spends comes from a hardworking taxpayer. I believe we should base our budgets on actual revenues- not hoped for revenues. I am listing several ideas below for getting our budget back on track and preventing future spending problems."
- Excerpt: "The number one responsibility of our elected officials is to protect the citizens’ individual rights and freedoms. I do believe a reasonable degree of security is necessary to allow for the exercise of these freedoms. I will always keep this in mind when weighing potential votes on legislation."
- Excerpt: "A well-connected infrastructure not only benefits the driving public, but also encourages new business in Washington, providing jobs and opportunities for economic growth."
Elections for the office of Washington House of Representatives will consist of a blanket primary election on August 5, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 17, 2014. Incumbent Kathy Haigh (D) will face Dan Griffey (R) and Josiah Rowell (R) in the primary.
Griffey ran in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives, District 35a. Griffey ran unopposed in the August 7 blanket primary election and was defeated by incumbent Kathy Haigh (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 35a, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Kathy Haigh Incumbent||51.4%||33,263|
Dan Griffey ran for the Washington House of Representatives District 35a. He ran unopposed in the August 17, 2010, primary. He was defeated by Democrat Kathy Haigh in the November 2, 2010, general election.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 35a Primary (2010)|
|Kathy Haigh (D)||17,727||50.33%|
|Daniel Griffey (R)||17,495||49.67%|
In 2014, Griffey's endorsements include the following:
- State Representative Elizabeth Scott
- State Representative David Taylor
- State Representative Jason Overstreet
- State Representative Matt Shea
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Dan + Griffey + Washington + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Washington State Legislature
- Washington state legislative districts
- Washington House of Representatives
- Washington House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Dan Griffey on Facebook
- Dan Griffey on LinkedIn
- Dan Griffey on Twitter
- Profile by Vote-USA
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Griffey 4 State House, "Issues," accessed July 15, 2014
- Washington Secretary of State, "2014 Candidates Who Have Filed," accessed May 20, 2014
- C-SPAN, "AP Election Results - Washington State House of Representatives," accessed August 7, 2012
- Washington Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidates," May 23, 2012
- Griffey 4 State House, "Endorsements," accessed July 15, 2014
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |