|Minnesota State Senate District 56|
|2011 - present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
|Profession||Minister/Founder, Midwest Chaplains|
Hall is the founder and current CEO of Midwest Chaplains, a non-profit focusing on placing a chaplain in every community, to support emergency service and community leaders. He is also a pastor, and has served as such since 1982.
Hall received his education from Minneapolis Augsburg College.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hall served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• State and Local Government|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hall served on these committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Environment and Natural Resources, Vice-chair|
|• Health and Human Services|
|• Judiciary and Public Safety|
Hall's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"A market driven system fosters competition, which ensures the availability of many goods and services at the best possible price."
- Excerpt:"Everyone is asked to live within their means, government must do the same. We must ease the tax burden on all taxpaying citizens."
- Excerpt:"Private industry is far more efficient and effective in use of money than the government. Money is best spent by the citizens who earned it. I believe that if government has less money, it becomes more efficient and cost-effective."
- Excerpt:"We need a comprehensive restructuring of taxes, and required forms. Government agencies need to have a much friendlier attitude towards businesses with the goal of helping those businesses succeed, rather than driving them out of the state."
A Business Friendly Minnesota
- Excerpt:"Small business is an integral part of Minnesota’s economic foundation. Small business is vital to our economic vitality. We must encourage entrepreneurship by allowing smaller businesses to thrive and compete."
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
Hall won re-election in the 2012 election for Minnesota State Senate District 55. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated Leon Thurman (D) in the general election on November 6.
|Minnesota State Senate, District 56, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Dan Hall Incumbent||54%||22,226|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
|Minnesota State Senate, District 40 (2010)|
|Dan Hall (R)||14852||50.98%|
|John Doll (DFL)||14242||48.89%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Hall raised $52,620 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Todd Johnson House Dist 40A Cmte||$1,720|
|40th Senate District RPM||$1,550|
|House District 40A Cmte Dan D Hall||$1,331|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Dan + Hall + Minnesota + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Minnesota Senate Passes Gay Marriage, Governor To Sign - Huffington Post - Huffington Post
- Legislature adjourns as tax bill closes $627 million state budget deficit - Coon Rapids Herald
- Ask Matty: NHL teams can't use amnesty buyout, then re-sign players - Edmonton Journal
- Minnesota will become 12th state to legalize gay marriage - Metro Weekly
- Report: Patrick Roy may be next Avalanche coach - USA Today - USA TODAY
- MN Senate members prepare to vote on same sex marriage - KARE
- Minnesota Governor Signs Homosexual 'Marriage' Bill Into Law - Christian News Network
- Minnesota Senate nearly grinds to a halt over weird I-35E speed-limit debate - MinnPost.com
- The Most Difficult Choice Every NHL Team Has to Make This Offseason - Bleacher Report
- Two Pivotal Elections: What The 1977 Mayoral Race Can Tell Us About 2013 - Gotham Gazette
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Hall and his wife Valerie have eight children.
- Campaign site
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- Facebook profile
- ↑ "votedanhall," Official Campaign Website
- ↑ Rick Santorum for President, "SANTORUM ANNOUNCES MINNESOTA LEADERSHIP ENDORSEMENTS," February 6, 2012
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," Accessed June 22, 2012
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Secretary of State Official general election results
- ↑ 2010 contributions
Ted Lillie (R)
|Minnesota State Senate District 56
| Succeeded by|
John Doll (DFL)
|Minnesota State Senate District 40
| Succeeded by|
Chris Eaton (DFL)