Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Kentucky Circuit Court 11|
|Title:||Circuit court judge|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Steve Beshear|
|Past post:||State Senator, Kentucky State Senate|
|Undergraduate:||Texas A&M University|
|Law School:||University of Louisville|
|Military service:||U.S. Army Reserve|
Dan Kelly is a circuit court judge for the Eleventh Judicial Circuit in Kentucky. The Eleventh Circuit has jurisdiction in Green, Marion, Taylor, and Washington counties. He was appointed to the court by Governor Steve Beshear on October 26, 2009. Kelly was re-elected on November 2, 2010, to an eight-year term beginning on January 3, 2011, and ending in January 2019.
Before he became a judge, Kelly served as a state senator of the Kentucky State Senate from 1991 to 2009 and was the senate majority leader from 2000 to 2009. He also previously served as an attorney for the City of Springfield and as a lieutenant colonel for the U.S. Army Reserve from 1978 to 1996.
- See also: Kentucky judicial elections, 2010
- Kentucky Court of Justice, "Circuit Court Overview"
- Courier-Journal "Kelly nominated for judgeship," October 23, 2009
- Courier-Journal "GOP cries foul over Kelly’s judgeship appointment," October 26, 2009
- McCreary County Record "Beshear appoints Kelly to bench," October 27, 2009
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found