|Oregon House of Representatives District 30|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Glide High School|
|Associate's||Umpqua Community College|
|Profession||Community Manager, Prime Group|
Mason's campaign website highlights the following issues:
A Thriving Washington County
- Excerpt: "With more people working, we’ll have the resources to fund our schools, transportation infrastructure and public safety efforts. I will protect the Strategic Investment and Gain Share programs that have helped make our county the strongest job creator in Oregon."
Stable Housing & Home Ownership
- Excerpt: "I have a plan to help keep seniors in their homes by allowing a lock-in of property tax rate for homeowners over a certain age. I also have a plan to stabilize housing and offer renters a path to home ownership through a tax-credit savings plan that can be used for a down payment on a home."
Full Time Jobs for Oregonians
- Excerpt: "I’ll advocate for more full-time jobs by examining and eliminating barriers to economic prosperity, not by punishing employers who have been forced to cut hours to stay afloat."
- Excerpt: "I want to make sure everyone who wants a 40-hour-a-week job has access to one. We should reward small companies who provide their employees with stable paychecks and benefits with the same incentives we offer larger employers."
Support Our Schools
- Excerpt: "Accountability in spending, innovation in the classroom and expanding school options for families will be integral to ensuring our kids are receiving the best education we can give them. I am dedicated to finding solutions to improve the quality of Oregon’s education system for the next generation."
Fix the Economy
- Excerpt: "We need to make Oregon a friendly atmosphere for business so companies move in to Oregon, employ our citizens and grow our economy from the inside out. By creating jobs and reducing regulations on small businesses, we will see more of the development, entrepreneurship and innovation that Oregon is known for."
Elections for the office of Oregon House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent Joe Gallegos was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Dan Mason was unopposed in the Republican primary. Gallegos is also running on the Independent Party ticket. Kyle Markley is running as a Libertarian candidate. Gallegos, Mason and Markley will face off in the general election.
Mason ran for election in the 2012 election for Oregon House District 34. Mason was unopposed in the May 15 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent Chris Harker (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 34, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Chris Harker Incumbent||64%||16,035|
In 2014, Mason's endorsements include the following:
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Dan + Mason + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon State Legislature
- Oregon House of Representatives
- Oregon House of Representatives District 30
- Dan Mason for Oregon, "Issues," accessed August 29, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Official Results - May 20, 2014 Primary Election," accessed July 8, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filing," accessed March 17, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings for the House," accessed April 11, 2012
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Oregon State House Official Primary Results for 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Oregon State House Official General Results for 2012," accessed May 24, 2014
- Dan Mason for Oregon, "Endorsements," accessed August 29, 2014