Dan Miller (Pennsylvania)
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 42|
|June 4, 2013 - Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||May 21, 2013|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Western Connecticut State University|
|Service/branch||Army National Guard|
Miller earned his B.A. in Education from Western Connecticut State University in 1996, his B.A. in History from Western Connecticut State University in 1997 and his J.D. from Catholic University in 2002. His professional experience includes working as a Team Leader for AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corp and as an attorney for Daniel L. Miller, Attorney at Law with an emphasis in education law. Miller served in the U.S. Army National Guard.
At the beginning of the 2014 legislative session, Miller served on the following committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2014|
|• Aging & Older Adult Services|
|• Children & Youth|
|• State Government|
Elections for the office of Pennsylvania House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent Dan Miller was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Miller is unchallenged in the general election.
Miller won election in the special election for Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 42. The seat was vacant following Matthew Smith's (D) election to the Pennsylvania State Senate on November 6, 2012. Miller defeated Dan Remely (R) and George Brown (L) in the special election, which took place on May 21.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 42, Special Election, 2013|
Miller and his wife, Kim, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Daniel + Miller + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Pennsylvania General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Pennsylvania state legislative districts
- Profile from the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions via Follow the money
- Project Vote Smart, "Rep. Miller," accessed May 2, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official primary results for May 20, 2014," accessed July 9, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 Official Candidate Listing," accessed March 21, 2014
- paindependent.com, "WATCHBLOG: Democrats win special elections for House seats in York, Allegheny counties," May 22, 2013
- electionreturns.state.pa.us, "Official special election results," accessed November 18, 2013
Matthew Smith (D)
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 42
2013 - present
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |