Texas House of Representatives, District 48
|Profession||Business Owner, Professional Athlete|
- University of Texas.
- Founder, Neil Medical and Health Management Company, 2004-present.
- Radio personality, morning sports talk radio, 104.9 The Horn.
- Offensive lineman, Denver Broncos, 1996-2004.
- Board, GOPAC-TX.
- Supports additional funding for public schools, including teacher pay raises.
- Opposes education property taxes being spent on other school districts.
- Supports local control of schools.
- Opposes federal school intervention.
- Supports home schooling rights.
- Supports creation of a state clean energy fund focusing on air and water protection.
- Supports investment in, "wind, solar and other clean technologies, while continuing to explore for domestic sources of energy."
Tax and spending restraint
- Supports spending cuts.
- Opposes rising property taxes and appraisal limitation and reform.
- Supports strong 2nd Amendment rights.
- Supports strong 10th Amendment rights.
- Opposes recent federal health care reform.
- Opposes federal health care mandates.
- Supports market-driven health care.
- Supports Texan border security.
Jobs and the economy
- Opposes government spending as a solution.
- Opposes increased regulation.
- Supports Texan tort reform efforts.
- Supports insuring all money collected for transportation infrastructure is spent on transportation infrastructure.
- Supports private property rights.
Abortion and marriage
- Opposes gay marriage.
Neil was defeated in the election for the District 48 seat. He was unopposed in the March 2 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent Democrat Donna Howard in the November 2 general election.
| Texas House of Representatives, District 48 |
2010 General election results
|Donna Howard (D)||25,026||48.54%|
|Dan Neil (R)||25,010||48.51%|
|Ben Easton (L)||1,518||2.94%|
His Five largest contributors in 2010 are:
|Five Donors, Each Donating $500 ||$500|
Community service and involvement
- Chairman, NFL Alumni of Austin's Klay for Kids.
- Board and treasurer, NFL Alumni of Austin.
- Former board, Citizens Against Lawsuit Abuse - Central Texas.
- Motivational speaker, local schools.
- Volunteer, Colorado Children's Hospital.
- Volunteer, Bronoc Boys & Girls Club
- Volunteer, Broncos "Read Like a Pro."
- Volunteer, Brackenridge Children's Hospital.
Neil and his wife, Amylyn, have three children.
3801 N. Capital of Texas Highway
Suite E-240, #130
Austin, TX 78746
- Official Campaign website
- Official Facebook Page
- Candidate Twitter Page
- Texas House GOP YouTube Channel
- Official Campaign Contributions
- Contributions, Follow the Money
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Community Impact Newspaper, Vote '10 Q&A
- Texas Tribune Profile