For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 16|
|January 12, 2015 - present|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Rayfield served on the following committees:
|Oregon Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Joint Ways and Means|
|• Consumer Protection and Government Effectiveness, Vice-Chair|
Rayfield's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Prioritizing High-Quality Education
- Excerpt: "Dan Rayfield has the kind of education plan we expect from our State Representative: Reduce class sizes to increase student performance."
Strengthening our Economy
- Excerpt: "Dan Rayfield’s economic plan is focused on creating an environment for growth and opportunity: Continue to invest in tomorrow’s renewable energy technology to create good paying jobs today."
Protecting our Quality of Life
- Excerpt: "Dan has the right plan to protect our quality of life: Defend our land use laws to protect farms and forestlands from uncontrolled growth."
Accessible and Affordable Healthcare
- Excerpt: "Dan Rayfield supports a single, statewide, publicly funded comprehensive plan that will provide health care to everyone in our state, reduce costs, and improve the health of all Oregonians."
Elections for the office of Oregon House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Dan Rayfield was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Jacob Vandever was unopposed in the Republican primary. Rayfield defeated Vandever in the general election.
|Oregon House of Representatives District 16, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Jacob D. Vandever||27.4%||6,379|
- See also: Oregon State Senate elections, 2010
|Oregon State Senate, District 8 (2010)|
|Frank Morse (R)||26,466|
|Dan Rayfield (D)||21,563|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, Rayfield's endorsements included the following:
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dan + Rayfield + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Oregon State Legislature
- Joint Committees
- Oregon state legislative districts
- Profile from the Oregon House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Official campaign website
- Dan Rayfield on Facebook
- Dan Rayfield on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Dan Rayfield, "Issues," accessed August 29, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Official Results - May 20, 2014 Primary Election," accessed July 8, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filing," accessed March 17, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "2010 Oregon State Senate Primary Election Results," accessed May 23, 2014
- Oregon Live Election, "2010 General Election Results," accessed May 15, 2014
- Dan Rayfield, "Supporters," accessed August 29, 2014
Sara Gelser (D)
|Oregon House of Representatives - District 16
| Succeeded by|