|Iowa State Senate District 48|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Place of birth||Delaware County, Iowa|
Zumbach's professional experience includes working on a family farm.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Zumbach served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Natural Resources & Environment|
Zumbach's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- “I have been out meeting with voters and listening to their concerns. They are wanting to see the size of the state budget be reduced, remove burdensome business regulations, and work to improve and enhance our education system. I will take these ideas and concerns to Des Moines if the voters decide to elect me.”
- “I am a fiscal conservative and understand the importance of working within our means. We must allow more creativity in the process so we can spend smarter and more efficiently. Iowans are intelligent and creative people. We need to get back to work together again to provide real solutions which every Iowan will feel in each of their lives."
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2012
Zumbach ran in the 2012 election for Iowa State Senate District 48. He defeated Brian W. Cook in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012. Zumbach defeated Nate Willems (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa State Senate, District 48, General Election, 2012|
|Iowa State Senate, District 48 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Zumbach is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Zumbach raised a total of $254,426 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 19, 2013.
|Dan Zumbach's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Iowa State Senate, District 48||$254,426|
|Grand Total Raised||$254,426|
2012Zumbach won election to the Iowa State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Zumbach raised a total of $254,426.
|Iowa State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dan Zumbach's campaign in 2012|
|Iowa Republican Party||$78,774|
|Iowans For Tax Relief||$19,000|
|Iowa Farm Bureau||$11,567|
|Zumbach, Daniel E||$11,567|
|Total Raised in 2012||$254,426|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Dan and his wife, Michelle, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Dan + Zumbach + Iowa + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Sen. Zumbach's website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Dan Zumbach on Facebook
- Campaign contributions: 2012
Joni Ernst (R)
|Iowa State Senate District 48
| Succeeded by|